Recent content by Sloose

1. S

XM Radio trouble

kinda retarded that so many people have the same issues....
  2. S

Quick instructions for oil change?

he he he beavis... that's what uhhh...she said.
  3. S

A5 MT5 PD Rough Idling at lights

yeah that works (tried that many times...) just someties the car shakes to hell at idle..I dont think its fuel related either - as it could happen at one light, and .25mi away not happen at the next light
  4. S

Very impressed with cabin heat on mk5 TDI

Being that i dont live at, near, ajacent to, or even remotely close to the arctic circle like someof the TDI owners do: my tdi heats up REALLY fast... way way way faster than my dodge cummins diesel ever did.
  5. S

Tdi Jetta??? How reliable??

05.5 jetta MT5 here... 37k on the ODO... love the car, no problems, runs like a top My wife has an 01 1.8T auto trans (yick) that has 150k on it and has been the best and most reliable car ever. Preventative maintenence only, timing belt at 100k, sticky wastegate at 40k.
  6. S

XM Radio trouble

its going to take months to iron out the details... *IF* the fcc approves it. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/business/19cnd-radios.html?ex=1329627600&en=cc6a0c7153a30d74&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss XM202 forever baby
  7. S

Fuel Gelled? Cold Weekend weather

i dunno...i work in the marine industry, and those additives are mostly regarded as snake oil...gasoline or diesel additives have been proven by a bunch of reliable marine testing companies to add no noticeable or measurable affect. There are SOME additives that work well in marine environments...
  8. S

A5 MT5 PD Rough Idling at lights

I notice sometimes (regardless of ambient air temp, summer or winter) that when I idle at a stoplight, i get a rough idle at 800rpm...the whole car seems to shudder. If i blip the throttle, it goes away while the RPM is up, and shdders again at 800 rpm... The act is random and hard to...
  9. S

Fuel Gelled? Cold Weekend weather

Hess is usually the best fuel available in NJ. As I live in new jersey, and my family owned a trucking business(4 and 6 cylinder diesel refrig trucking, since sold, family still works in trucking), Hess usually has the cleanest fuel, least foaming pumps, and best additives. I *always* run hess...
  10. S

XM Radio trouble

call the parts manager and annoy him...that's what I did and it worked :D
  11. S

XM Radio trouble

I had this EXACT same problem. I got my car in august 05, when the free 3 month expired (Despite me already having an XM account - i have had XM radio for 2 years prior) the radio stopped working. Despite trying to refresh/activate the radio about 300 times, XM said there was something wrong...
  12. S

Poor MPG PD's - Post here

meh..I do mostly highway driving at high speeds and I'm happy with my MPG. I have a 05.5 5 speed MT, and with the air on at 79mph and cruise control (I always set the cruise when it allows) I am getting about 40.5-41mpg...i attribute the loss of 2 or more MPG due to higher speed than EPA...
  13. S

Tax Credit for Fuel Efficient Vehicles

why thank you. Much appreciated.
  14. S

I am itemizing anyway- but since when can you deduct sales tax on new cars?
  15. S

Excuse my ignorance. I am from New Jersey, where ignorance is bliss: I bought my TDI to save myself oodles of money in fuel costs (i drive 65 miles each way 4x a week to work). I previously had a Dodge Dakota 4x4 V8 that averaged 16mpg. My average fuel bill a week averaged 130-150$. My fuel...