Recent content by SledDawg2

1. S

Mk4 Jetta Overcharging 14v~16v

You need a new alternator. Most likely the cause of the premature brush wear / failure are caused by a worn front bearing (in the alternator) . Even a slight wobble in the commutator ( rotating armature ) will cause the brushes to fail.
  2. S

Rusted Rocker Panel Thoughts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-MK4-Jetta-Bora-R32-R-VOLKSWAGEN-SIDE-SKIRTS-SIDESKIRTS-rockers-1999-2004/203176955141?fits=Make%3AVolkswagen&hash=item2f4e4a4d05:g:0MUAAOSwYKBd8C02
  3. S

Does driving a TDI really save any money??

The ONLY effective means to actual "savings" in owning a TDI is to do ALL of the maintenance / repairs yourself.
  4. S

Rusted Rocker Panel Thoughts

Here is what Herm did to his Golf....
  5. S

VAG-Tacho Help Request

I have a friend that is in need of correcting the mileage on his replacement cluster (2002 Golf TDI) . Is anyone in Maine who can help ? He has had the immobilizer deleted car is running well... He just needs to hook up with someone in our area who has VAG-Tacho
  6. S

Vag-Tacho Help Request

I have a friend that is in need of correcting the mileage on his replacement cluster (2002 Golf TDI) . Is anyone in Maine who can help ? He has had the immobilizer deleted car is running well... He just needs to hook up with someone in our area who has VAG-Tacho
  7. S

Koni FSD strut failure

This is why I love my Bilsteins in Maine.
  8. S

This ...???

This image puts me at a loss for words ..."][/URL] < ...Click to enlarge
  9. loss for words

loss for words

10. S

$300 350,000 mile tdi hydrolocked???

At best it is a $150.00 parts car.
  11. S

On the fence about 2001 Beetle TDi automatic

It has an automatic transmission...my advice is to let it alone. If you do buy that car...What you've bought is one big repair headache
  12. antenna

antenna

13. S

Good amplified shark fin antenna?

You may want to have a look at this : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DDU8YSY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00DDU8YSY&pd_rd_w=5tNj8&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=TYC9K&pf_rd_r=VSY7GK429S7J3DMKRXDJ&pd_rd_r=6651c113-a898-11e9-b12c-b3b24ccffadb
  14. S

MK-4 Getta Whats it worth?

I guess love really is blind. We become attached to our beloved TDIs after years of loyal service and all of the hours behind the wheel. We tend to see though a lens of denial when its time to "Let Go". Reality ~V~ perception sometimes we can't accept what we don't want to see. Like a loyal...
  15. S

MK-4 Getta Whats it worth?

I doubt that the owner has to tools or the ability to part it out and then he has to deal with disposing the hull.