Recent content by skinnyb

1. S

When to replace the coolant?

I would say the advice that IndigoBlueWagon gave is solid. When the timing belt is done at 120k (or 130K on the older cars) just ask the mechanic to finish draining the system and refill when doing the belt, water pump and all the required bits...
  2. S

Malone tune/ modified buyback

My date is 12/30 and I am taking mine back as she sits.. Only thing I have done is remove my nice alloys and replace with steels... Leaving the tune and pipes... Not spending the money to put it back... Gotta air up the tires though... They are may pops and are really low from sitting...
  3. S

Anyone return their tdi with steel wheels?

I've got steels on mine. My date is 12/30... Don't anticipate any problems. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
  4. S

EFT - Chase only?

Yes you can deposit to any account as long as you have the RTN and account number. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
  5. S

Car replacement

Buyback for mine scheduled for Friday December 30. Hope to get a 4 motion Golf sportwagen w/ dsg the following week (not alltrack)... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  6. S

Has anyone gone through the buyback with a VW financed loan?

I hope it's done fast.. My appointment for buyback is 12/30 and the loan payment (VW Credit) is due 1/5/2017...Really bummed about making as many payments as I have had to but glad have it over with... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  7. S

NC Buybacks

Offer letter received 12/1 approved today 12/7. Soonest appointment available at Harmony in Asheville was 12/30. Hope to get a year end deal. Was originally not going to replace it but for the kind of work I do the wagon is perfect.. The Passat I am driving currently, not so much... Sent...
  8. S

Offer Letter Just Received

Got offer letter 12/1. Uploaded the same day. Was rejected yesterday 12/6 due to info cut off on the bottom of the pages.. Re printed, notarized and uploaded by 5pm est.. Approved and scheduled appointment a few minutes ago on 12/7... First available appointment was 12/31 at 4pm... Happy new...
  9. S

Replacement Car - Passat Gas 1.8 T

We traded our 2012 TDI Passat for a 2015 1.8t last year and it is still a great car. The torque is very tdi like ironically... The only thing I don't like is the regular auto trans. The DSG in the TDI was much smoother and shifted better. Also the mpg is surprisingly good... I can get 40mpg...
  10. S

NC Buybacks

Same dealer for me too.. I uploaded my notarized docs on 12/1. Waiting on my approval and schedule phase... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  11. S

EFT Transfer

My payment for my seller compensation came within 2 days after I signed up with Chase. Was pretty quick... Just look close to the spam folder to be sure the sign up email doesn't get lost... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  12. S

Anyone NOT thrashing their TDI or skipping maintenance/upkeep?

I went ahead and parked mine right before the 110K service so I wouldn't need to do it... I also wanted to stay in the 105-110K mile bracket... Pulled my stock tires and wheels from storage that are extremely bald and switched them out... Hoping to get my offer letter soon as mine has been...
  13. S

Is the "10 Business Days" meaningless?

Exactly... Trying to stay optimistic... I have parked mine and moved on but would love to get it out of my back yard and the money in my account... Would be a nice Christmas bonus... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
  14. S

EFT Transfer

Yep Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  15. S

Offer with loan

I have 109,950 miles and don't want to go into the next mileage bracket. Plus I am so OCD, I would feel obligated to get an oil change too... Just simpler for me in my mind to park it. I also have removed all my aftermarket parts including tires and wheels... The stock tires that went back on...