Recent content by skigolfmike

1. S

2015 Jetta TDi Oil Change Warning Light After Oil Change and Interval Reset

Just needed a VW Dealer scan tool hooked up to reset everything.
  2. S

‘Oil change needed! Service Vehicle’ light keeps popping up even though service has been completed on my 2015 Passat TDI?

Reset the tune to stock and did the oil change and inspection resets. No joy. Put the tune back since the Dieselgate tune is pretty wimpy.
  3. S

I spent a lot of time finding oil that meets VW 507.00 spec. Would not have used it if it didn't meet spec.
  4. S

I sucked out all the oil and replaced with Castrol EDGE High Milage 5W-30. No joy. Tried the resets again - nope. Reset the tune to the factory tune, nope. I have the yellow light with the wavy line coming on indicating low oil level. This is not the case as it's perfect on the dipstick. I...
  5. S

Did the Oil Change and Inspection Interval resets. Light comes back on. Thought oil might be over filled, but it wasn't. Used 0W-30 oil with the change. I'm going to try 5W-30 Oil. Not sure the shop that did the oil change had the right spec oil. Still perplexed.
  6. S

‘Oil change needed! Service Vehicle’ light keeps popping up even though service has been completed on my 2015 Passat TDI?

Seeing how this was the 100K service, we missed the fuel filter. Changed the fuel filter and the Oil Change Needed. Service Now Message is gone. What?
  7. S

We reset with the scan tool and a day later it came back on. Trying to get this mystery figured out. FWIW, my TDi has the Stage 2 Malone tune. Not sure if that is an issue.
  8. S

Just got an oil change in the TDI and the Oil change interval was reset. While driving, the Service, oil change now message appeared with a yellow oil symbol in the top of the message window came on. Going to the service menu to check the interval for the next oil change, it says 9500 miles...
  9. S

Is a Malone tune right for me?

Glad I read this. I got a 2015 TDi DSG with the "fix" back in December. Warranty is 2 years, unlimited miles. I thought about flashing the ECU and flashing it back before going to the dealer, but that's not a good plan with a flash counter. Better to wait IMHO. Will probably do some...
  10. S

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I checked with the local dealer if they would take the car in on trade. They said they would. I also asked about getting fair market value and got a non answer. I can't imagine getting a good trade in from the dealer. A VW dealer would not be able to resell it until all this involved, so the...
  11. S

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Torque is a force, horsepower is the potential amount of work. HP is essentially torque times RPM times a fudge factor. Acceleration is directly related to torque at the drive wheels minus drag. Torque at the drive wheels is engine torque times the gear ratio minus drive train losses. Thus...