Recent content by SkiBumJH

1. S

How do you remove panoramic sunroof sunshade repair?

^^^ Well, I'm not sure...The front piece that goes back when retracted worked fine but the loose cloth for the shade would get hung up pretty quick which made it unuseable really. But I knew it would move back and forth. By trimming out the cloth stuff very neatly, it went back and forth fine...
  2. S

New to me, broken down, 2011 Jetta Sportwagen and i'm lost with all this lingo.

I went to the Bentley link and it was indeed closed but if ya click on the logo upper left, it'll take you to the full website, see VW sportwagen...it's 189.99
  3. S

How do you remove panoramic sunroof sunshade repair?

^^^ So I did this a few years back in a sportwagen. My shade had come away from the side tracks completely but still attached at front and rear. So I neatly trimmed it all away and retracted the shade front edge. Sounds like you can't get yours to retract so maybe just leave it in forward...
  4. S

Any Experience With Snow Chains for Jetta?

I live in major snow country and have dedicated studded snows. You will not need studs. Even here, almost no one uses chains anymore. Look into snows with a little more open tread since a hill is your issue. Smoother super siped snows (Hakkas, Nokians, Nittos,etc.) are sometimes defeated with a...
  5. S

CRANK, NO START URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!!

Did she put gasoline in it?
  6. S

Under Hood Insulation Mat = New Style Worked Great for Yrs, Now Back Middle Is Hanging Down

Out of boredom and irritation from the hanging insulation mat, I did this zip tie fix and am stoked. Easy, fast and 100% mo betta. Thanks
  7. S

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Changed the oil and filter, changed the trans fluid and filter, installed the p2015 gizmo, new air filter and cabin filter and put the summer tires back on. Been looking forward to some car maintenance time for weeks. Had a slight hurdle as my new laptop didn't wanna download the VCDS newest...
  8. S

Rear Cargo Shade/Tonneau Cover fit

So, you paid $420 for a used one from Lithuania and another $125 for shipping? Good lord man...
  9. S

Rear Cargo Shade/Tonneau Cover fit

I have 2 that I never use. One is from a 2009, the other from a 2012. I'm willing to sell and ship but I gotta think shipping would be pricey. Holler or direct message me here...
  10. S

ABS Sensor Broken

I've pulled out a couple of these and they can be damn snug in there. I'd be disinclined to take any other route than trying to pull it out. Maybe tapping it to loosen it a tad; Maybe a drop of lube in there too. don't overspray onto brakes and stuff. I have a small pick set from harbor freight...
  11. S

How bad is the smell after DPF delete?

Hey OilHammer, I've got a diesel smell question for ye: I had my dmf replaced last fall. Prior to that I couldn't smell squat from my car, even after idling in a closed garage for a few minutes. Now I sense a faint smell occasionally. At least I think I do. It's that vague. During the dmf...
  12. S

DIY: DSG Transmission scheduled maintenance (40K miles interval)

^^^^ And I would add, warm the fluid up and it'll go into the top fill much quicker. I just put my dsg fluid container in a bucket of warm water and when it's warm, I fill up the hanging funnel and it's fast. Looking at a 120k service tomorrow and installing a new skidplate.
  13. S

DSG Dualmass Flywheel parts & labor in 2022?

The actual tech was a younger dude but the shop supervisor/foreman was Jay, around 50 and a blond beard and glasses. Both were top notch and I'm a finicky, whip crackin sumbitch. Also, I snagged an evolution imports osiris skidplate from an Ocoee forum guy for $150, Score. Just drove back...
  14. S

Far from home, need a good TDI mechanic...

Funny you say that, they were at the top of my local list, met with them twice and was duly impressed but... They couldn't get it in on my tightly compressed time frame. I expanded on my experience over in the other thread. All worked out surprisingly well.
  15. S

"SOLD" FS NEW mk5/mk6 Diesel Geek Panzer skid plate kit $150 plus S/H

Thanks S., appreciate the deal and a pleasure to meet and chat with you. TDI forum rules. 🤜 >*<🤛