Recent content by sirpuddingfoot

1. sirpuddingfoot

2005 Passat Wagon, 2500 / OBO - Seattle, WA

Well, it's time to part with this magnificent beast. We've shown her love for the past 6-ish years and it's time for a new home (we bought a new golf). The torque converter recently stopped locking up all the time. Basically it works if you drive extremely gently. If it stops locking up while...
  2. sirpuddingfoot

Today's the day ... the torque converter stopped locking up.

Anyone have recommendations for shops in/near Seattle? I'd go for the 5 speed swap if the price was right too.
  3. sirpuddingfoot

2005 Mk4 Jetta - 5spd [Seattle] $8k/BO

Bump for another price reduction.
  4. sirpuddingfoot

Bump for price reduction.
  5. sirpuddingfoot

2005 Mk4 Jetta - 5spd [Seattle] $7000/BO ---- SOLD ---- Hey folks, We recently moved to Seattle and are paring down to 1 vehicle as my wife now has a 1 mile commute. This is my silver 2005 Jetta 5spd sedan with 136k miles. Clean WA title in hand. 1500 Miles on new General Altimax Arctics on...
  6. sirpuddingfoot

Seattle Group Thread??

Hey guys, just moved to Seattle (Queen Anne) from St. Paul, MN a month or so ago. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks out here. I brought most of my hand tools with, but sadly had to part with the air tools. I may be investing in VCDS soon as I don't have ready access to it any longer...
  7. sirpuddingfoot

FS: 05 Mk4 Jetta (BEW) 5-spd 136k - St. Paul or Seattle - $7500

Hey folks, We're moving to Seattle and paring down to 1 vehicle as my wife will now have a 1 mile commute. This is my silver 2005 Jetta 5spd sedan with 136k miles. Vehicle can be shipped at no cost to Seattle. 1500 Miles on new General Altimax Arctics on the OE Monterrey Wheels. List of...
  8. sirpuddingfoot

MN Chat Thread

Hey folks, the Jetta is for sale at $7500. Pictures and details here: https://imgur.com/a/qzQGF
  9. sirpuddingfoot

WTB Passat or Jetta Wagon near Twin Cities MSP or WI

I'm potentially looking to offload both of our TDIs in favor of one newer JSW. I'm also moving to Seattle in a few weeks. Unfortunately, $5k is a good deal less than I'd like for the Passat Wagon. If you have some flexibility, let me know and we can talk.
  10. sirpuddingfoot

MN Chat Thread

1st, I will when I get back on Tuesday (currently visiting my wife in Seattle). I hadn't actually expected to get a bite right away. 40X40, the '83 has about 65k miles. I bought it 3.5 years ago with 61k. It's the brown color, has a set of vetter bags that don't quite match the brown (aren't...
  11. sirpuddingfoot

MN Chat Thread

Anyone interested in a silver '05 mk4 5spd with 130k and a brand new set of general altimax Arctic tires? I won't be needing it in Seattle. Oh, btw, I'm moving to Seattle. I think we are going to keep the b5.5 and sell the mk4. Also for sale: 1983 Honda Cb1000c cheap, runs. Let me know...
  12. sirpuddingfoot

Why Delete the EGR??

Based on what Mark has written, it's effectively an on/off based on the coolant temp (shuts off around 140F). IIRC, the EGR is only actively recycling exhaust gasses at/near idle, so if you're driving at constant throttle, it's useless, but if you're sitting at a stoplight or coasting, it's...
  13. sirpuddingfoot

New Member looking to Buy a B5 but the more I read the more scared I am

Nope. I honestly don't think you'll find anyone on the forums who believes a chip tune is a cause of reduced longevity so long as we qualify that to mean vehicles whose only power modification is the ecu tune.
  14. sirpuddingfoot

Lower control arm ball joints

I recently did the complete control arm replacement on ours. I was shipped a set of lower fronts with ball joints that were too big to fit. World Impex replaced with correct arms. Apparently there is a part split somewhere in the B5.5 run. One of my sleeves for the lower rears came out of the...