Recent content by silverstar03

1. silverstar03

Ross Tech VCDS Key-II USB vag com

Genuine Ross Tech VCDS USB cable. Use with a PC or do like I did and run under VMware Fusion on your Mac. Only used a few times over the course of a year, ships fast via Priority Mail or UPS to you from upstate NY. $200, PayPal or cash local pickup.
  2. silverstar03

should i buy it? high mileage, low power

don't forget the old "hey, how did this rag end up in the air filter box?" Happened on an old diesel pickup I bought...
  3. silverstar03

02 Jetta GL TDI, auto, 61K WTT for diesel truck, upstate NY

holding off on cash for the moment, still looking for trade
  4. silverstar03

02 Jetta GL TDI, auto, 61K WTT for diesel truck, upstate NY

Hi all I have a 2002 VW Jetta GL TDI with 61k mi. Timing belt just done (for age not miles) and starter new. Auto trans, 42MPG. Stage 1 tune from Malone. 6k mi on Conti tires. I'm 2nd owner (orig was RI car) and my 2nd TDI--relay 109 swapped, Lubro Moly 5w40 synth oil, power service all winter...
  5. silverstar03

rear-ended!!! what do?

My 03 Golf was rear ended and also sustained minor front damage like you described. Though I was not at fault I made claim process thru my insurance, and they deemed it totaled due to frame bend damage (hatch was crushed in b/c hit by suv above my bumper). My advice is haggle over settlement...
  6. silverstar03

OMI SALE

grind and weld would do it but would also require removal. serious PITA.
  7. silverstar03

1985 rebuld

I'm running a Optima yellow top 31A in my 86--orig bought it for a diff diesel, since it was newish, put it into the 86 when I got it in Oct... It's a bit big, had to bend up one of the battery hold town tabs to get it to clear, then drilled 2 holes and put a battery clamp down kit (generic...
  8. silverstar03

1985 rebuld

put it near the FF, I have WVO stuff set up there and there's plenty of room. If you do put it next to the battery make sure the battery is bolted down cuz it will shift, esp. with the optima ones which don't have the bottom lip that can be clamped down.
  9. silverstar03

FS: Metalnerd triangular TDI Injection pump socket

Sold, thanks for the interest! :)
  10. silverstar03

FS: Metalnerd triangular TDI Injection pump socket

sale pending... Used Metalnerd IP triangular bolt bit. retail $23+shipping, yours for $17 shipped USPS. I used it to open the IP on my '03 to replace the fuel temp sensor, etc. PayPal accepted, ships from NY. photo is of a new one from mfgr website. thanks "Part MN3001 - Specialty Socket...
  11. silverstar03

1985 rebuld

Props on an epic thread. I'm jealous, you're gonna have a brand new mk2 diesel and you didn't even go to Argentina or China to get it... ;) Also I think this is the first build I've seen that absolutely completely in any way whatsoever did not use an engine hoist! congrats