Recent content by SilverGhost

1. SilverGhost

What did you do to your MKIV today?

The car does store the last 4 times an alarm was triggered, and what the source was. Someone with VCDS could read the MVB in CCM and tell which door or even loose radio contact set the alarm off Jason
  2. SilverGhost

Actually that is listed at dusty/sandy conditions filter. At least when I look it up in ETKA, that's what they call it. Probably does work for snow better than bare air filter, though Jason
  3. SilverGhost

Most I put in my Golf was about 17.1 or 17.2 gal. I had a 2005 MkIV Jason
  4. SilverGhost

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Yeah, GAS tax. Wonder if they even considered stopping the diesel tax for same time period?? Jason
  5. SilverGhost

From TSB 19-17-01 Technical Background Coolants G11, G12, G12+ and G12++ and G13 have been replaced by a newly introduced G12Evo coolant. Note: The GEN III EA288 TDI (MY2015 2.0L TDI CVCA and CRUA) MUST still use G13 coolant. Production Solution G12Evo coolant has been introduced as the...
  6. SilverGhost

Post on IG from a trucker; "$5.15/gal! just think about that when you buy your milk. I have to fill my refer and my truck. All y'alls prices going up" I can work around the prices, up to a point. But what about those who have to drive? What else price wise will go up because of the price at...
  7. SilverGhost

Found these links to help; from another thread here on TDI club link and over at Ross Tech Link I just changed the last digit of the coding until I found an impulse number correction that worked for me. Not totally random thou, I did look at which way the correction needed to be and change to...
  8. SilverGhost

I used VCDS to play with the gear ratio correction value until I found one that made the speedo very close to GPS speed. Verified against mile markers and stop watch. When you code the cluster one digit of coding is a correction value based on the transmission. In my case it changed my speed...
  9. SilverGhost

Checking out GasBuddy and found Chevron in Essex, CA listed RUG $6.79/Gal. Needles, CA is even weirder - $5.99/gal D2 on I40 and just across the river in Arizona its $3.81/gal D2. Here in SoFLo we got $3.46 RUG and $3.89 D2 in West Palm and $3.34 RUG and $3.52 D2 by the house in PSL Jason
  10. SilverGhost

Whaaaaat? $159.9 x 55L (14.5gal) = $8794.50 to fill up. I hope there was a decimal out of place!!!! Jason
  11. SilverGhost

Removing 2009 Sportwagen Headliner?

In VW part numbers the letter after the 3rd set of 3 numbers is revisions and versions of same parts. Most of the time higher letter replaces lower letter, but not always. The extra 3 letters AND numbers is color code. This is what will tell you its Pearl Grey. The part number with no letter and...
  12. SilverGhost

Customer just brought in their 2006 BRM Jetta, 228,194 miles. Original owners and no record of t-belt or water pump. Owner insists they never did it. From the looks of the parts I would agree. Only mild wear on cam lobes of 1 cylinder. Did the t-belt kit and pump, and customer is saving up to...
  13. SilverGhost

Car won't start troubleshooting

dude - punctuation so we can follow your thought process. Now I really want to see what a humped tooth looks like ;) If one of the spring clips pops off the pliers there's enough force to strike a spark just by hitting a metal part. I have seen that on the bigger clamps. Jason
  14. SilverGhost

Car Seat Covers

Stupid question - do these seat covers replace the original fabric covers or fit over top of them? Just trying to get my head around the seat heating part of it. Jason
  15. SilverGhost

Stupid question - the connector on the outside? Or the ones on the inside? (of the headlamp). MkIV you could get the harness inside the headlamp if you order the "connector". Jason