Recent content by sidsnot

1. S

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Vw & epa Dead right they didn't make a mistake. I think that we are soon going to see other car manufacturers who have done similar. I saw a show last week, Panorama BBC where they did test's on the VW & showed the defeat device in action, then they did the same test on a Opal/ Vaxhaul/ GMC...
  2. S

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

VW Goodwill Credit I have just received mine. Starts Dec 7th here in Canada. Is this deal same as your's in US ; Dear Volkswagen Owner, Volkswagen Canada would like to provide registered Owners of affected 2.0L TDI vehicles with a gesture of goodwill for your continued patience – a $1,000 Owner...
  3. S

Will Beatle tires and wheels fit on my Jetta?

2014 Jetta TDI I have a new 2014 Jetta TDI with steel rims. I was hoping my 2005 Passat alloy rims, which has new rubber would fit but they do not. Anybody know what wheels will fit. When I look at the bolt pattern on the spec's it is the same but the offset is different ? (5 x 112 CB 57.1...
  4. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Try any ware between $1.25 - 1.35 / Ltr. Gas is $0. 97 - $1.03 in Alberta, Canada & we are swimming in oil ??
  5. S

Hard to start when hot issue.....

I had the same problem on my 99 1/5 Jetta many moons ago. The easy fix you are talking about works just great & never had any further issues
  6. S

Glow Plug recall

Passat TDI Reflash Recall (Nov 2010) I was lucky to be the first one to have this re-call done last month at 5th Ave Auto in Calgary. I had replaced my glow plugs with steel plugs some two years ago. I took it to 5th Ave Auto to have the re-flash done. Since that time I had a hell of a job...
  7. S

1999 / 5 Jetta 5 Sp. For Sale

I have a 99 MK4 Jetta that I am reluctantly selling as we are moving soon, 290, 000 Km's 5 Speed New Tires Zero Temp New Battery Power Window Power Locks Power Mirrows Heated Seats Cruise A/C Regular fuel consumption 4.9 - 5 Ltr's/100Km's I have owned car for past 9 years. Have had water...
  8. S

Egt & Iat

While searching for info on IAT sensors I came across this thread. I have a 2005 Passat TDI & need to locate the two wire to the IAT sensor. It is combined with the charge air sensor, as a result I have 5 wires to choose fromm. Could you advise whiche 2 wires are for the IAT as I am fitting a...
  9. S

Intake Air Temprature Wires.

I am installing a Boss Performance Module on my 2005 Passat TDI. I need to locate the (IAT) Intake Air Temperature wires. I have located the unit which is Intake Air Temprature Sensor/Charge Air Pressure Sensor. I need to locate the two wire from the IAT sensor. Can anybody advise which two...
  10. S

Locating teh IAT Boss Performace Module

2005 Passat TDI I think it is the BHP
  11. S

Locating teh IAT Boss Performace Module

I am installing a Boss Performance Module. I need to locate the (IAT) Intake Air Temperature wires. I have located the unit which is Intake Air Temprature Sensor/Charge Air Pressure Sensor. I need to locate the two wire from the IAT sensor. Can anybody advise which two wires are. Thanks Alan :p
  12. S

'04 Passat TDI, hard starting below 20 degrees F

Hi Guy's sorry to remind you, VW have told me that the re-flash for the steel G.P's is the problem. If you have had the re flash VW will correct this soon as the dealer informed me that many people complained of poor starting after the re flash & the problem is with the software. Contact your...
  13. S

Thanks for the info. I have a Zero temp heater on both my Diesel VW's. & Duramax. I plug in when it is below -10'C. The problem is not the heater or the G.P.'s but a software problem that VW has accepted. I am informing people of a possible recall on the problem cuased by the steel G.P. recall...
  14. S

Just an update. I had my G.P.'s reflashed in May of this year. Now it is -30'C infact anything below -10'C my Passat will not start. Jetta no problem. I phoned 5th Ave Auto VW dealer in Calgary who did the Flash. They tell me that the software is wrong & are in the middle of a fix. They will...
  15. S

MIL - Intake Flap Motor

Thanks for that. Now I have a spare. :D