Recent content by Sideoiler

1. Sideoiler

New California smog checks.......

Great stuff Matt!(y) It'll be interesting to see how this Cali smog nonsense unfolds over time. Hope all is well with you and yours. Mark
  2. Sideoiler

Bye California, it's been nice.

Best wishes to you and Dee on your relocation up to Oregon. I appreciated the fine work you performed on my TDI back during the "golden" days of the San Pablo GTG's. Go Ducks/Beavers! Mark
  3. Sideoiler

Warning- CA residents with TDI tuning- You might fail your next SMOG check

FWIW.... Passed smog today, including signature mods( RC2, etc.), with zero problems in the Sacramento area. In and out in about 15 minutes...:cool: http://pics.tdiclub.com/showfull.php?photo=127374
  4. California Smog Report 4-4-18

California Smog Report 4-4-18

5. Sideoiler

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Never say never (or nope...lol) Just paid $1.95/gallon for D2 here in Rancho Cordova. How low will we go? Time will tell...;)
  6. Sideoiler

Bora Parts is Now Cascade German Parts!

Registered. Thanks Aaron and company...:)
  7. Sideoiler

Delvac 1 Rebate $12 per gallon

Three weeks after starting the purchase process online with Pep Boys, my $60 rebate check arrived in the mail today. As Lightflyer1 alluded, that's a really quick turn around time...Good stuff:cool:
  8. Sideoiler

Here's a link to check your rebate status: http://mobil.rebateresearch.com/ After submitting the online rebate form, it took about two weeks before my info showed up on the above website. As of today (10-14-15), my status is, "Your rebate submission in the amount of $60.00 is pending. Please...
  9. Sideoiler

I just used the code today (9-27-15) and got the 35% discount at Pepboys. Including tax, $98.68 for 5 gallons of the Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 here in Northern California. $98.68 - $60 ($12 x 5) rebate = $38.68 / 5 = $7.74 a gallon / 4 = $1.94 a quart!...Not too shabby...:cool:
  10. Sideoiler

Finally...800 Mile Club!

Well, after more than ten years of driving my ’03 wagon, I finally joined the elusive 800 mile club. Here’s how I did it… This weekend, I drove from Sacramento, Ca to Portland, OR and back (1,225 mile round trip) on I-5. I drove up to be part of Cascade German Parts (Bora Parts) Summer GTG...
  11. Sideoiler

Cascade German Parts Summer GTG: August 22, 2015

Thanks to Cascade German Parts and everyone involved in putting this GTG together. Well done. Due to forest fires in the region (and a couple of Justin's dyno runs...lol), it was a smoky day in Gresham. It was nice to see some familiar NorCal TDI'ers who made the trip up along with meeting new...
  12. Joe_s_Donut_Shop_Sandy_OR_8-22-15

Joe_s_Donut_Shop_Sandy_OR_8-22-15