Recent content by showdown 42

1. S

2014 TDI TOUAREG TIRES

I have used Michelin Latitudes on 2 Touaregs with great results first set was close to 40K miles and still had life in them when I trade the car due to diesel gate.My current set on a 2016 replaced OEM GYs and are smooth and quiet. Just finished a 2000 mile trip and enjoyed how quiet they are.
  2. S

Touareg fuel economy

My 2012 and 2016 TDIs would make the trip from NE to SWFL 1475 miles on 2 tanks of fuel ,driving 75-80 MPH. Did that trip for 25 yrs and always the same MPGs. Pretty good for a tank. Of course now with the pricing mess with diesel fuel the big advantage has changed. BTW I drove the same trip...
  3. S

U.S. Comeback?

Just remember your EV battery is 1/2 of the value of the car and will die in about 10yrs. replacing it or dumping it will be a real issue from an economic basis. Talk about planned obsolescence. You won't see many 20yr old EVs on the road. EV resales are a straight line down to zero over about...
  4. S

U.S. Comeback?

EVs will find a place in US in urban areas and suburbs as a second car. I might get one in a few years when they get their act together. Maybe be another battery system that is better and cheaper. Better hope the roll out takes a lot of time or we will have implosion to the infrastructure system.
  5. S

I just had the oil changed and the dealer put 0-30w in

I'm an old geezer, grew up making hot rods from early flat head ford V-8s,probably used straight 40 or 50weights in summer and 20 or 30W in the winter. lol
  6. S

If you keep the car for the warranty period I guess there is no harm. If you intend to keep it long term and drive in super hot weather all the time I am saying it may just not be good for 250,000 miles on the OD. It is your problem to deal with. We should get an oil expert to tell us if oil...
  7. S

I appreciate updates,but oil isn't rocket science, each level of viscosity represents a different environment the oil will be used in. If I lived in Canada I might agree with the change,but I live in an environment of intense heat 10 months of the year. The TREG was serviced in South west FL...
  8. S

I am confused that the 0-30w is suppose to be what is used now. Manual says 5-40w synthetic for the 2016 TDIs Any thouhts on this? I called another dealer and got the same message 0-30w
  9. S

Got a CEL on a 2000 mile road trip

As they say time will tell, stay tuned lol
  10. S

Circling back ,had the car to the dealer. Found no faults,reset engine light . They said if it comes back on they will dig deeper,but don't want to start to do anything now, no charge for the quick check. Nice surprise. Should know in the next few days if there is a further issue.
  11. S

DEF

I stupid question,did you get the warning at 1000 miles, and a count down on your MFD ? If so did you get reminded as the miles added up? If so call one of the suggested shops and as how to reset the system.,assuming the tank is full. I hate the whole DEF system.
  12. S

I will know by end of the week and will report back.
  13. S

I have a 2016 TDI Touraeg with 25,000 miles, had it serviced before this trip of 2000 miles. First fill up left the station and car threw engine light. Called the dealer who did the servicing and he said it's probably a loose fuel cap. Re checked the cap and went on my way. Light never reset...
  14. S

Current price of diesel

I am fortunate to have an Altrack that gets as good or better mileage as my TREG . AT uses regular ,TREG diesel 4,35 vs $6.00 no brainer
  15. S

Current price of diesel

just drove from SW Florida 2000 miles to NE and the prices are all over the lot. as low as 5. in FL to 6.50 in NJ. There is a lot of crap going on for sure. I'll be parking my TREG for the summer.