Recent content by Shizzell

1. Shizzell

DIY: How to fix air blend door MK4 TDI no cabin heat problem

DIY: How to fix air blend door MK4 TDI no cabin heat problem Problem: I was not experiencing cabin heat at any point during my commute. This was becoming a serious concern not only because I was freezing, but also because I couldn’t defrost. The coolant temp sensor said a solid 190...
  2. Shizzell

Hissing, low power

Hello, I have been investigating this hissing, or whining that occurs when accelerating. I have been noticing that I don't have as much power as I should. I collected some information regarding VCDS that may help in diagnosing: In Engine Measuring blocks, 010: Actual MAP: Idle: 958 mbar 2000...
  3. Shizzell

Radio won't turn on

Hello! Finally just got my Golf back from the body shop today after my total... it looks brand new, and better than it did when I purchased it. However, the radio won't turn on after it was in their shop. I checked every single fuse, and all were good. I left 42 out for a few minutes and...
  4. Shizzell

WTB: Boost/EGT combo gauge & pod

Looking for a Boost and EGT combo gauge and steering column pod. Preferably all of the additional kit stuff needed (probe, etc) as well. Probably going to be a tough find, but thought I'd post this out there anyways. Thanks!
  5. Shizzell

Help finding location of EGR temperature map

I am trying to find my EGR temperature map to adjust when the EGR is enabled to save on warm up time and such. So I think I found it here: 00059B32 However, I have been looking at 5 different original files from Golf 4 ALHs, and they all have zero'd out maps at ~approximately~ that address. I...
  6. Shizzell

Bremmen/Aftermarket Body Parts

Hello, Just wondering if anybody has tried any of the ebay aftermarket body parts like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fender-Driver-Left-Side-Front-Primered-VW-LH-Hand-VW1240126-1J0821021-/230922084605?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item35c40760fd&vxp=mtr or...
  7. Shizzell

Need to buy parts for a MK4 Golf

Hello, Looking for the following parts for a MK4 Golf: - Driver and Passenger front fender - Front bumper cover - Driver side mirror assembly (Manual, heated) - Rear hatch window Preferably in galactic blue, although any other color works. PM me your prices (shipping to Minnesota) thanks a lot!
  8. Shizzell

Insurance issues with accident

*Poof*
  9. Shizzell

Front emblem Golf mk4 install

Attempting to install a new front VW emblem. I removed the grille, to find that the grey body inside, behind the chrome emblem, is glued? to the grille. Time to use my dremel? I don't really want to paint it... and now that I've done lots of searching it seems that theft is actually a...
  10. Shizzell

Rear rotor appears warped

Last weekend I took the rear of my car apart to replace the suspension. I lowered the axle and changed the bushings and struts. I noticed my rear drivers side wheel was turning awfully hard, so I took my caliper off to inspect. The rotor would intercept the pads on a section while spinning it...
  11. Shizzell

RPMs seem to rise on clutch

On a 5 speed Jetta, it seems when engaging the clutch the RPM's will raise slightly. The RPM's will also fall much slower than my other TDI. Now I need to hook this thing up to VCDS to get real numbers, but right now I'm assuming some type of over fueling is taking place. I'm wondering what...
  12. Shizzell

Where can I find door handles like this?

Hey guys, Take a look at this picture.. I thought these are awesome door handles, and I'm wondering if you guys know where I might be able to grab a pair. I tried contacting the user on here, but he hasn't replied.
  13. Shizzell

Oil leaks

There appears to be a two oil leaks on my golf. The first one, and more serious, is the one on the passenger side. It is coming from the side of the engine, and running down onto the harmonic balancer. It is not leaking from the valve cover, and I don't think it's coming from the camshaft seal...
  14. Shizzell

The Mysterious Vacuum Issues

So the hunt continues. To summarize the problem, the car is not producing enough vacuum; it's resulting in failed power brakes. This vacuum system is causing some headaches, and I would just like some clarification on a few items. 1. Is my method of checking the vacuum OK?: Using the vacuum...