Recent content by Shikaroka

1. Logs

Logs

VCDS log graphs
  2. S

Need some pump timing help

I haven't had the belt off yet. The belt looks good and I wanted to make sure all was running great before doing the belt. I got the car like this. I plan on trying again this afternoon. This time I will start with checking the mechanical timing and make sure the belt is not off a tooth...
  3. S

I will try that tomorrow. Maybe I was moving it the wrong way and I just needed to go farther the other way. Thank you!
  4. S

That is correct. I didn't mean that the vertical yellow line was the only line on the graph, just that there was no corresponding horizontal yellow line as well. Meaning that it was advanced off the chart. But, when I pull the pump back (toward front of car) the timing retards to 38, but...
  5. S

Yes, I have chosen the correct engine. Everything else is working fine. I should have noted. I have timed many TDIs before and know my way around VCDS pretty well (I've been using it for about 15 years). All of the correct colored lines are there. Just the yellow (timing) line is off the chart...
  6. S

I searched and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. 1998 Jetta, AHU. Starts right up and runs pretty well. I have fixed a couple issues and there are no codes remaining. I haven't had the car long and have been working out bugs. I am attempting to check the timing of the...
  7. S

Glow plugs 101 ***Ver. 2.0***

Limp mode is kinda like an old diesel with no turbo. I'd say, you need to get it scanned and see why the glow plug light was flashing. There should be some error codes stored.
  8. S

MKIV Heated Seat Install Harness

Yes, pictures would help.
  9. S

Coolant temp discrepancy.

I agree with that, but my gauge does fluctuate a good bit. And, I know in VW/Audis at least, if the CTS is bad, it will use the Air temp and run time to approximate the coolant temp. So, you can't always trust the ECU either.
  10. S

MKIV Heated Seat Install Harness

Is this a factory harness, or an aftermarket solution to adding heated seats?
  11. S

Coolant temp discrepancy.

My car takes forever to warm up in these cold days, and won't stay at 190, so I was checking out the temps and such with a scanner and VCDS. I noticed when the gauge of my dash says 190 degrees, the reading from the ECU is usually around 170 degrees or less. As soon as I start driving, it will...
  12. S

Vacume Pump

If you use the hammer to tighten it up, it works, but be careful. It is just aluminum and you can easily break off a piece of the house. So, lightly tap it, then smear some silicone around the nipple, let it dry, then you should be fine. I had the same issue and just fixed mine.
  13. S

Complete EGR removal

What's a SRP?
  14. S

Passat wagon GLX TDI project

I had a couple PMs about this, but for some reason all of my PMs were deleted and I can't remember who I've replied to or not. So, if you PMd me and I have not replied in the last couple days, please send me another PM.