Recent content by shadowmaker

1. shadowmaker

Quarter mile runs & now misfiring

My -04 Passat did this only when warm. Just cleaned and retightened those four injector connectors inside camcover. No need to change the whole wiring loom.
  2. shadowmaker

Compounds for the Passat

Anyone have price tag for that? What about display? What torque are you talking about?
  3. shadowmaker

Uk mk4 golf 4motion tdi, best turbo for track use?

For track use gt32v or even gt35v. Should be good for at least 350 and 400bhp respectively.
  4. shadowmaker

Compounds for the Passat

Are you sure that you want both your turbos near stall line (bad efficiency) around max power?
  5. shadowmaker

Discussion on piston bowl shaping for reduced CR

Originally badly shaped 1.9/2.5tdi is quite easy to get more flow percentage, but to maintain or even enhance swirl at the same time isn't. At least talking about swirl kind of relates to piston bowl discussion.:) I just have to wonder how much boost will be used in 14:1 CR diesel engine? Or...
  6. shadowmaker

IIRC pistons are 750g/pc with 84mm stroke and soft fuel cut is @7500rpm. Will rev past 8000rpm, but we try to avoid that. Head flow has been made about 30% higher with larger valves.
  7. shadowmaker

Gassers are targetting for higher CR and diesels for less nowdays. We are running original 22:1 CR in our 3L 24-v IDI with 700hp/1250Nm and 4bar boost and it's not going to be altered for the next setup with more fuel and boost. At certain point there will engine failure because of too high...
  8. shadowmaker

New Turbo: Help Me Pick One

Without compressor maps nothing really to tell about sizing. Also these are gtr-series turbos = Garrett motorsport, so it can be hard to find any real info on those. Some sources tell 55psi and some 70psi for max boost. But Grand-Am GX rules states that all engine parts must be available for...
  9. shadowmaker

Me being sarcastic? Hmm, well maybe a little.:o Not so much on the sizing though. You have started ~dozen of threads about compounding over the last five-six years and I understand that you have/had a nicely operating truck with a compound setup, but you still haven't figured out how and...
  10. shadowmaker

Because it is ballpark right to go with gt2260v when compounded. It's not a matter of more lag to HP, LP, IP, EMP or DMF. There's just no way around the mathematics here even if the big rigs guys differ in opinion. This kind of setup delivers kind of too much air for 300whp, so maybe a bit...
  11. shadowmaker

If compounding, I'd go something like gt4094... Now can you see the problem?
  12. shadowmaker

live tuning?

I used to have two maps on my van: one for full power and second for -150bhp in the case if I had to lend it to someone. I had an additional ignition lock to choose between maps, so with less power setup I could take the key with me.
  13. shadowmaker

ALH spinning to 6k RPM's, whats needed?

My van (5cyl, 12mm custom pump, R520/1) had best power between 5-5,5krpm back when I was using too agressive cam profiles. This means that 4cyl VE with 12mm should do easily 6000rpm when it comes to the pump.
  14. shadowmaker

ALH spinning to 6k RPM's, whats needed?

Sounds like they have big on-throttle surge issue while warming up the tires. I think that's very understandable with race only engine setup as they have to care about max power only. Do you know if they are talking about WHP or BHP with their 800is hp? 800bhp should be enough for 164mph...
  15. shadowmaker

What's the ideal fuel/air ratio in a TDI?

I wasn't talking about engineering side of diesel combustion. I was talking about AN engine with either lean or rich of its optimal operation point. It doesn't matter IDI, VE, PD or CR, they all behave identical when nothing else in certain engine, but fuel quantity (=injection window, injection...