Recent content by shade

1. S

Battery / Alternator Question

During the early spring here in NYC my car sat unused for most of the time due to quarantine. I was able to jump start it with my portable battery, but for the first couple of weeks I had to keep jump starting it. Currently it is starting without any problems. Thinking I needed a new battery...
  2. S

Air Conditioner not Working

Hey Seeing as it is the first few hot days of summer here in NYC my air conditioner decided to quit. I will say that the car sat for about a month without being started or moved and I had to use my portable battery jump starter. The AC worked yesterday but is not working today. I am going to...
  3. S

Rear Left Seat Puddle

Hi I noticed a puddle on the floor of the rear driver side of my VW Jetta TDI 2005. I assume it is from a leak from the rain but has anyone dealt with this before.?It's going to be a rainy week here in NYC...
  4. S

Drivers Side Mirror

Hey I’ve got a 2005.5 VW TDI. Someone took out my drivers side mirror and I am wondering if this is something I can replace on my own. I am a little handy but not a mechanic, and any repair would be made on the street in NYC. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  5. S

Brakes Question

I was recently driving on the highway at about 75mph. At some point I applied the brakes and there was no reaction, the brakes were essentially gone. I was able to down shift to a service area and then the brakes slowly came back. I took the car to my local mechanic and the price tag is...
  6. S

WANTED Trailer Hitch 2005.5 Jetta TDI

Hi I am looking for a trailer hitch that I can install my self on my 2005.5 VW Jetta TDI. If anyone knows which CURT model fits this that would be helpful and if anyone has one for sale let me know. Thanks
  7. S

Cleaning Headlights

I have had my brothers TDI for over a year now and love the car. I know it needs a bit of work but money is tight (and most of my spare cash is going to rebuilding my 1983 XS650.) The clear covers that go over the headlights have become quite cloudy and I am wondering what a simple and...
  8. S

TDI mechanic near NYC?

I've been driving my brothers 2005.5 Jetta for almost a year. Recently had to replace the fuel filter because it was very sluggish and now the same problem seems to be back. The emissions light came on while driving recently as well. The car has about 88,000 and he says it's due for a 90,000...
  9. S

Trunk Keeps Getting Stuck

Hi I've got a 2005.5 Jetta TDI that was recently given to me by my brother. I love the car, but the trunk keeps getting stuck closed and I have to crawl through the back seats and open it manually. I don't have much in the trunk. Any suggestions?
  10. S

Wanted ipod connection 2005.5 TDI

I'm looking for a connection for my 2005.5 Jetta TDI. Thanks
  11. S

Weight Question

What's the maximum amount of weight I can safely put into my 2005 Jetta TDI?
  12. S

WTB Roof Rack for 2005.5 Jetta TDI

Hi I hope this post is in the right place. I am looking for a roof rack for surfboard for my 2005.5 Jetta TDI. If anyone has one to sell or can recommend a good place to get one I am interested. Thanks