Recent content by sewerrat

1. S

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

I have a 2003 Jetta ALH {manual air} with no compressor clutch engagement.Fans work on low with ac on. AC cools with power at compressor to engage clutch. AC clutch engages when power is applied to t14/10 on FCM plug. I have power at both sides of high pressure switch and t14/2 I have power...
  2. S

B4 won't rev over 1200 with brake applied

Thanks everyone for explaining to a dummy why it would rev with the brake on last week but not this week. { I fixed the brake light switch}:oops:
  3. S

I guess I never noticed this before. I've owned this car 14 years but don't know if I ever had my Vagcom plugged in while driving.When it does this throttle is @ 100 percent on Vagcom.
  4. S

Could someone steer me in the right direction...1996 Passat No codes,cruise control is off,brake lights work. Brake lights are a recent repair {switch} Also I have just changed most vacuum lines including the one inside ECU and new n75 valve to try to repair intermittant power loss. Thanks
  5. S

WTB b4 alternator

Looking for a b4 alternator 120 amp. Not working is ok as I need a core. Also need a working LR window motor. thanks
  6. S

b4 steering fluid

I just changed the TRW rack on my 96 b4 to a rebuilt one.{Atsco brand} It has atf in it now from the rebuilder.I plan on flushing it out with VW fluid before use. I have part#g 070 726 a2 Is this the right stuff? It stinks like gear oil.I bought it from IDParts.Their# is g004000m2 thanks
  7. S

B4 Hella Headlights...Group Buy Possible?

I would be interested in one pair.Please assure me that these will fit my USA market 1996 Passat and that the price to my door will be no more than $300. thanks Jeff