Recent content by seaglf

1. S

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

Yeah I downloaded that file tbanks
  2. S

Thanks I will check it further, I believe there running fast. I also have been getting the high coolant signal code, even though I have changed to the green sensor. Someone told me it might be the ambient air sensor.
  3. S

Thanks I'll check it again.
  4. S

Thanks for the response, but its not obvious to me since I don't have any reference to go by. Also I can't tell if its starting out slow because I'm in my car when I turn it on. Is there some way to test high and low speed, so I could have a reference. I do have a rosstech vag com.
  5. S

Fan speed I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question. I can turn my key ON but not start car, and both fans come on. But how do I know if they are on low or high speed?
  6. S

Fan As I reposted when I turn the key ON but not starting the car and turn AC to low the fans come on. But I don't know how to tell if they are low or high speed.The reason I ask is because I read somewhere that if they come on high then it could be an indecation of something wrong.
  7. S

Sorry I don't know why I wrote "off" I meant on, because I was following the instructions from the first part of this thread.
  8. S

Fan speed I can turn my ac on high with key on, and both fans work, but how do I know if it's high speed or low speed? Also I tried to put some refrigerant with dye to check for leaks , but it won't except any.
  9. S

16512 code coolant related

dynamic EGR I was reading this thread from Malone tunings website http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=305248, and remembered that when I got my timing belt changed that the guy did a EGR mod on my ECU. He told me it would keep my EGR from clogging. I was also discussing the possibility...
  10. S

Thanks everyone I will let you know what I find when I start, I have had pneumonia and haven't been doing much.
  11. S

ambient temp Can a bad ambient temp sensor, or wires, cause the 16512 code to trigger.
  12. S

I will check all the wires leading to the temp sensor agian and unplug and clean it. I did put some dielectric grease on it when I changed it so I don't know if that may cause a problem. If I remember correctly it seemed to be harder to plug in,maybe from hydraulic pressure from the grease, but...
  13. S

I have had issues with my AC in the past, and had to have the whole fan unit changed, and did have one mechanic mention something about a AC related sensor. But he said it was a ambient temp sensor Mines a 2002 so I don't know if that is an earlier one you mentioned.
  14. S

thanks! And i haven't heard of another sensor