Recent content by sdturbo

1. S

Volvo 240 wagon TDI

I have actually replaced the tube manifold with a modified diesel Vanagon manifold. (flipped and an adapter built to mate up to the vnt20). It took a little power out of it but is 100% reliable while the tube manifold really started to crack and cause headaches. The swap has over 50k miles on...
  2. S

AHU injection pump

I have a injection pump off of a 98 jetta. Pump supposedly has ~40k miles on it. I was getting a code for (injection quantity improbable) and the car went from running rough to not running within a week. The pump seems to be in fine condition, does not leak or make any abnormal noise. Aside...
  3. S

TDI in RWD applications?

Here is my volvo 240 with a rwd tdi setup. Its a toyota W58 transmission with an adapter plate to a 1.9 tdi. That said, i think a tdi may be the wrong choice for your app. While you can make some good power (I have some R520s, vnt 20 turbo, 11mm IP etc) its not a burnout king. A cummins 4bt...
  4. S

ALH Injector Pump Swap Details from dieselgeek

Just did this aswell. I ended up putting a washer/spacer in aswell. All and all it went pretty smooth. Thanks for the writeup!
  5. S

Intermittent shuddering

Update: I picked a lightly used pump off a 2003 auto ALH. The car runs smoother than it has since day one and makes a good deal more power and a lot less smoke. I love my TDI again. Thanks for the help.
  6. S

AHU/ALH injection pumps

Will a ALH pump work on an AHU motor/ecu?
  7. S

Volvo 240 wagon TDI

Tuned volvos in the us use either getrags, w58s, and ford T5s. We dont have m90s and the ratios are nicer on the t5s/w58s. I simply hooked the tack output from the tdi ecu to the volvo tach and it worked. From my understanding, looking at junk yard gasser vws, the port on the back of the...
  8. S

Volvo 240 wagon TDI

My first advice is to not do this for economic reasons. My fuel savings have might be negated by needing a new injection pump. The car is excellent when it runs, get a average 40 mpg. The specs are all listed in this thread but its a toyota w58 trans, and a 3.73 rear. It ~3200rpm @80mph. Im...
  9. S

Intermittent shuddering

Do AHU and ALH have the same pump. I know there were no auto AHUs.
  10. S

Intermittent shuddering

been real busy with work and school so havent had a chance to mess with it until today. All the wiring checks out and the thought of just buying a new pump makes me feel sick. I am going to open up the pump this evening and see if I can see anything abnormal.
  11. S

Intermittent shuddering

Thats the thing, i am not certin the QA is bad. I only know the symptoms and what the code says. The thing is, its be running weird for about 1000 miles. I had to change the lower coolent line, it ran fine before i fixed the hose, it had a miss every now and then and would get on a jag of...
  12. S

Intermittent shuddering

It seems silly to do a costly rebuild on the entire pump because the QA needs to be replaced. If i do end up needing a rebuild, any suggestions of who to send it to?
  13. S

Intermittent shuddering

Sweet advice! :rolleyes:
  14. S

Intermittent shuddering

Well the car up and just wouldnt start one morning. I finally got my vag com working again on vista and checked the codes. It says the quantity adjuster is at an implosible value. Is there any way to test this or is it just something that gets replaced?
  15. S

Intermittent shuddering

Today i pulled the number 1 delivery valve and cleaned it. I also swapped it with #4 and it ran perfect for ~400 miles then started doing it again. It seems #4 is being inconsistant now. I think i just need a new delivery valve...