Recent content by Scubanero

1. Scubanero

How do I know if my balance shaft has been deleted?

If it is back together and running well, with no low oil pressure light, it seems like your oil pump is still working.
  2. Scubanero

Trans Issue

When you are at road speed and accelerate, does the rpm go higher that it should as well? If yes, you have a TC lockup failure.
  3. Scubanero

Turbocharger plumbing clamp rings?

If it is all stock components, there aren't clamp rings, but spring clips that fit into two slots on either side of the solid pipe side of the connection and engage a groove in the metal end of the flexible hose. It can't be tighter or looser. If the hose doesn't blow off, everything is fine.
  4. Scubanero

Check Brake Pad Message

Yes, but the reason is that the rear brake is nowhere near as powerful as the front brake, again, due to the effective shift in centre of gravity. Even more so on a bicycle.
  5. Scubanero

Check Brake Pad Message

I have read that too, but the explanation doesn't stand up to high school physics. The pitch down comes from deceleration and it doesn't matter where the braking force comes from. As long as the centre of mass is above the line between wheel hubs, the car will pitch down. If you could arrange...
  6. Scubanero

All weather floor mats

VW no longer an option? Mine (2005 wagon) had them when I bought it. The front drivers side wore through and I bought a new set from the dealer. For the second set I filled the channels underneath to try and reduce the wear. So far, so good.
  7. Scubanero

BHW serpentine belt eaten by crank pulley!

Just allergic to misstatement.
  8. Scubanero

Not quite. Pretend there are 36 teeth on the crank sprocket. One tooth is 10 degrees of rotation. The cam sprocket must have 72 teeth, so one tooth is 5 degrees of rotation. As long as the belt is still tensioned, one tooth off on the crank is one tooth off on the cam. The actual number of...
  9. Scubanero

Where does the extra tooth (or half tooth) go? One tooth off is one tooth off on both gears. The angular displacement is half, but the circumferential difference is still one tooth.
  10. Scubanero

How exactly does that work?
  11. Scubanero

Chrome door strip

It is held on with adhesive. A plastic scraper or similar should get it off for you and you can clean the strip and replace the adhesive to reinstall.
  12. Scubanero

OEM charge pipe questions

ebay. It was a few (maybe more than a few) years ago. There are a bunch of cheap ones available, The first one I tried gave it up after a month or so. Look for one with composite end fittings. Oilhammer is right though. Take a look and see what the problem is. You may just need to tune up the...
  13. Scubanero

OEM charge pipe questions

I had an O ring disappear once, presumably blown out. I have also had success with a lower priced hose than the OEM version. The aftermarket version with plastic hubs and no silencer baffle has lasted me for several years so far. It was about $60 CAD at the time.
  14. Scubanero

Member Opportunity

I will sell you mine for $1000K.