Recent content by scpd92

1. S

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

SECOND TURBO FAILURE AT 50,000 MILES, See first turbo failure at #149 Miles on car at failure: Approx 50,000 miles Build date: 10/2012 Corrective actions from dealership: Replaced turbo and oil lines. Outside air temps at failure: 75 degrees farenheit Failure warning signs, if any...
  2. S

Alignment

Ditto, but they did it kicking and screaming and initially told me that: 1) it wasn't necessary to move any front end parts to swap a turbo and 2) they didn't know where I was getting my information from, but "those people" are WRONG. The alignment was so bad after the turbo replacement...
  3. S

Warranty Service Question

10K service on Monday. As per the above, besides oil, rotation DEF, what else are they supposed to do? 0745 appt. and have to be at work at 0900 25 miles away. How long does it really take?
  4. S

Trunk wont open

Condition corrected. Thank you my brothers for saving me a trip to the stealership. I haven't been in the glove box in weeks, so I don't know how the switch got activated. Thank you to all who posted.
  5. S

Trunk wont open

Anyone else have any issues with their trunk not opening. Tonight, I tried opening the trunk with the remote, the trunk latch on the trunk itself and the door switch, to no avail. I tried with the car turned on, car turned off, I tried cycling the alarm on/off a few times and confirmed the...
  6. S

Oh No!

My turbo whine got increasingly louder. I would characterize it as the sound of a slide whistle while you worked the accelerator.
  7. S

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on car at failure: 4900 ish Build date: 10/2012 Corrective actions from dealership: Replaced Turbo and reluctantly re-aligned front end. Outside air temps at failure: Approx 30 degrees F. Failure warning signs, if any: Increasingly louder high pitched whine. Warning lights on dash/MFI...
  8. S

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

Anyone have any information re: the replacement of the turbos on our cars. Does VW instruct their mechanics to loosen front suspension bolts, causing the alignment to be affected, or are the individual mechanics resorting to it to "get the job done". I had a bad experience today with the...
  9. S

I don't have many of the items requested. I will update on that thread when I get the car back and the work is completed.
  10. S

10 days after dropping my 13 SE 6M with 4900 miles and increasingly loud turbo whine, the service advisor called to say the turbo had been replaced. I reminded him that others who have had their turbos replaced have had them returned needing an alignment. "Nope, no problem with the alignment...
  11. S

No other symptoms. the whine just kept getting louder and louder over a few days. No loss of power, no CELs or flashing glow plug lights as others have experienced after a catastrophic failure. The service advisor couldn't provide any estimates as to exactly what has failed, but has indicated...
  12. S

13 Passat TDI SE, 6M. Turbo whine started at 4900 miles. Was still operational when I brought it in with 5100 miles. Vehicle dropped off on 3/7/13 and I received a phone call from the dealer at 3:30 pm on Friday the 8th advising me to pick up the car since it wouldn't make the problem worse...
  13. S

Brake fluid leaking down clutch pedal

Thanks to all will get done ASAP.
  14. S

Not familiar with a cluster master cylinder is that the main one for the brakes or is it a separate one for the clutch?
  15. S

I began to notice a slowly expanding spot of oil on the floor mat that corresponds to a clutch pedal arm that is damp with brake fluid. Anyone that can help diagnose exactly what is leaking and what I am looking at in terms of parts/labor? I am assuming that the clutch pedal must have a...