Recent content by Scott_DeWitt

1. Scott_DeWitt

Compound 3.0TDI

V8 Coupe likes dong things the difficult way.
  2. Scott_DeWitt

Compound 3.0TDI

It's likely easier just to transplant the entire engine. Looking at the parts catalog, lots of part numbers are different.
  3. Scott_DeWitt

3336 HP / 189psi 6.7 Cummins

That's 497hp/liter or 946hp out of a 1.9tdi...
  4. Scott_DeWitt

best gearing available for 01Etdi trans

Pretty sure that won't work.
  5. Scott_DeWitt

N.A. Source for 4.2 v8 tdi?

Not road going vehicle officially came to the USA or Canada with the 4.2 tdi. I have a 4.2 tdi from a 2007 A8.
  6. Scott_DeWitt

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

No
  7. Scott_DeWitt

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

This isn't true, after 2002. later engines have bolt patterns that have different bolting patterns.
  8. Scott_DeWitt

End of a 12mm pump! WHY?

If I am not mistaken the 12mm pump head is chinese, and junk.
  9. Scott_DeWitt

U.S. Comeback?

Probably not. Diesel is dead in the USA and with the up and coming electric car craze will likely never come back.
  10. Scott_DeWitt

2017 RDI Conversion?

There's a huge difference between a C5 swap and a 2017 passat. Since all the electronics are integrated in the 2017, the best bet is to start with a similar car that is TDI, ie import everything from Europe.
  11. Scott_DeWitt

Audi A8 D2 3.7 to 2.5 r5 tdi manual cheap swap

okay I thought you meant Toureg R5 engine.
  12. Scott_DeWitt

audi b8 tdi swap info

You pretty much will have to get an entire B8 tdi to get everything to work correctly.
  13. Scott_DeWitt

Audi A8 D2 3.7 to 2.5 r5 tdi manual cheap swap

That's not an R5 engine.
  14. Scott_DeWitt

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

Incorrect. The C5 6 speed, passat W8 6 speed, and Allroad 6 speed shifters will work if you use all the shifter parts and the correct mounting points on the transmission.
  15. Scott_DeWitt

W8/Auto to TDI/6spd Discussion

The W8 uses a transmission bell housing that is significantly deeper than any other 01E. W8 clutch and flywheel clearance issues will result with a different 01E transmission.