Recent content by Scott02

1. S

Polar FIS+

Any update on what version is most current and if it is any better than previous versions?
  2. S

2003 Volkswagen Jetta wagon Mark 4 ALH for sale with lots of upgrades

Hate to poo on your thread, but you are truly way out of wack here... Over 6 years ago I sold my 2256v/etc/etc mk4 that had $9500 in mods done to it, for $9000. It had 140kmi. And it was tough getting rid of it for that back then. Now dieselgate cars can be had for what you're asking or...
  3. S

03 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5spd Silver/Blk cloth - NE Ohio

03 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5spd Silver/Blk cloth - NE Ohio ~198kmi Pretty much every wear item replaced. Lifted w/ 215/75r15's. Self tuned for stock turbo/nozzles and upgraded clutch (IDparts quiet clutch kit). Typical front fender and hatch corner rust. Full Buzzken SS exhaust with cat and...
  4. S

2003 ALH Wagon 5 speed in FL

What did you end up selling for? I have a buddy looking to list his zero rust BEW silver wagon shortly.
  5. S

03 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5sp Silver - Maintenance, Mods, Pics

Maintenance & Mods: Word of mouth items done prior to my ownership: 100kmi - Timing Belt Kit (have sticker with 99,991mi on it) 150kmi - Starter, Thermostat, and Thermostat housing 160kmi - Front and rear Pads, Rotors, Calipers (Questionable ???????????) Purchased 2014_0402 @ 172,000 miles...
  6. S

03 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5sp Silver - Maintenance, Mods, Pics

******this post and thread will be fluid for a while until I get everything typed into it nicely******* 03 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5sp Silver - Black cloth interior - Maintenance and Mods Stock nozzles, IC, IC Piping, Has all headrests, and rear cargo cover (in perfect condition), glove box is not...
  7. S

Malone 2.0 killed my turbo

Can lightly slip a stock 03 ALH 02J clutch with just a tune, and you can FRY a stock clutch with nozzles and a tune on an ALH. So 5sec will be my guess.
  8. S

Coolant temp not rising above 71°C?

Do you have a grille block? It's not "super" cold here in Ohio that much, but on the "super cold for here" days (recent -20degF wind chill days), I can drive 15min on the highway before getting up to operating temp. That's with half the grille blocked AND the heater fan no higher than 3 lit up...
  9. S

Polar FIS+

Haven't visited this thread since my last post, which was when I updated to 2.5. And now I read in several posts that 2.5 wasn't as good as 2.4, which was the version I skipped over... OF COURSE 2.5 isn't as good as 2.4. I can't say I'm even remotely surprised by this anymore, just par for...
  10. S

Hard Shifts from 1st to 2nd in Cold Weather

This is the nature of thicker transmission lube when it's cold out. Drive more, worry less.
  11. S

Polar FIS+

Updating seems to be much easier now. Updated to 0.2.5b1 Seems to work fine. Not too many new parameters, but there are a few. One major one for me is finally seeing EGT. This may have come in earlier revisions, but as I couldn't update for a while there, I jumped from 0.2.1 to 0.2.5b1.
  12. S

Polar FIS+

Yes, i disconnected and reconnected the battery just prior to trying to connect. Then I disconnected the battery again, left it disconnected, and tried to connect to PolarFIS. Got same error message. What version are you running now?