Recent content by schoolsout

1. schoolsout

SeaFoam Cleaner? Anyone use it on TDI?

I'll drink it!
  2. schoolsout

DMF HELP,,, Something isn't right with my NEW one

What's that you say? Shop at Green Car in Washington? :) In all seriousness, good luck!
  3. schoolsout

Fuel filter

Gotcha...thanks.
  4. schoolsout

Fuel filter

Only thing I've ever done is replace filter, cycle the ignition switch 15 or so times and crank her up. Never had a problem. Should I be worried?
  5. schoolsout

new # DMF done

This isn't very encouraging...
  6. schoolsout

Auto industry about to go diesel crazy

more diesel fuel demand with a constant/dwindling supply means....?
  7. schoolsout

GTG January 28,2012 Chapin, SC

I popped back in to say hey to all here and especially Dan! Wish I could make it, but life has other plans. School/work/hit a deer and taking car into shop this week type stuff :) Hope y'all have fun!
  8. schoolsout

2005.5 Jetta automatic with park and neutral chatter?????

Sounds like the dual mass flywheel to me. I have the DSG in my '06 and had to replace it. Same symptoms...like a marble in a tin can sound and only when in neutral/park.
  9. schoolsout

Faint chirping noise

Best I can tell is it is one of the compressor fans (or whatever) that make the sound when I'm moving. I can not replicate the sound when in park.
  10. schoolsout

Faint chirping noise

Haven't been on here in a little while...bought a tractor for the farm and have been messing around with that lately...at least getting it serviced and transported. The sound has gotten louder and almost sounds like something coming from a pulley or some such. Louder when car is coming off...
  11. schoolsout

iPod frozen + CEL on RCD-510

my iPod has done that once, but it was running through modulator. Let battery go dead and it fixed itself.
  12. schoolsout

The Two Year, Zero Problem Thread

For what it's worth, I drive 30k a year and at 2 years, the only problem I had was a bad glow plug.....that said, this past winter, I've replaced the DMF, the Cam and tweaked the EGR cooler. Good luck to y'all, though. I still love this car, but she was expensive Nov/Dec of '10
  13. schoolsout

Faint chirping noise

mine still does it a little, but I've learned to live with it for now... Can't do youtubes from work comp so I can't listen to yours.
  14. schoolsout

Diesel Price Is Rigged

the global race to the bottom (in currencies) one of the reasons I invest in metals...
  15. schoolsout

Diesel Price Is Rigged

The loonie should be higher, too, but I think some funny games are going on. I do, however, have a good bit of stock in CAD and feel comfortable leaving it there. The Aussie, Loonie are good resource-based currencies to hold.