Recent content by sayers

1. S

broken injector ball pin (pd bew)

I'm pulling it apart over Christmas break. I will let you guys know what I find.
  2. S

I bought the car new and I am the only one who has ever worked on it. I have never touched the adjuster screws until this happened. I guess it could have been misadjusted at the factory. I am leaning towards the posiblility that it was a defective part. im just glad I caught it. lol
  3. S

The ball pin just sits in a hole that is in the injector spring retainer so it's easy to just pull them out without removing the injector. When I first saw it my first thought was that I would have to pull the injector. Lucky that was not the case. Last time I inspected the cam was 80k ago and...
  4. S

i paid through the nose to get one. 57 bucks. it was the only one in town. I may go ahead and buy a new set of 4 and replace them all. i will also be keeping spares from now on. PM me an address and i will mail it to you whitedog.
  5. S

I changed my timing belt over the thankgiving holidays. This is my second tb change. I decided to inspect the camshaft for wear before I started. I pulled the rockers and went through with the inspeciton and was about to put the valve cover back on when I discovered that the ball pin on the...
  6. S

BEW Clutch Advice

it happens http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5361688-vr6-clutch-issues&p=72494492 I would rather upgrade the part while the trans is out than pull the trans again but to each his own.
  7. S

BEW Clutch Advice

get a reinforced clutch fork. the stock ones tend to bend when used with an upgraded pressure plate. http://www.flipsidecustoms.com/?page_id=261&shopp_pid=3 TDtuning for the tune. Mike is great to work with
  8. S

chip tune

i have over 50k on TDtuning stage 2 on a otherwise stock 06pd. perfect tune. plenty of power and smooth too.
  9. S

Flower vase boost pod

Ouch. What is funny is this "was" my wife's car at one point. I started driving the beetle for fuel mileage due to a new job. She in turn started driving my 06 GTI chipped. One thing led to another and we sold the GTI and she got a civic SI. You get used to it..... When guys wink at me I just...
  10. S

Flower vase boost pod

11. S

Bew cam replacement tips

I pulled the rockers today and inspected the cam. All lobes have full chamfers. All lobes have small marks on the nose. I did not get pics. Got the camera out and the battery was dead. The marks cannot be felt by fingernail and are copper in color. I'm going to check again in 20k. Im pretty...
  12. S

Engine overheated, eating anti-freeze, rattling, clutch going too...

Crate engine? Sounds like it needs a head gasket and a clutch.
  13. S

Noise ?

That could be a bad wheel bearing. One way to check it is to jack the car up so that the wheel in question is off the ground. Then wiggle the wheel and see if there is any play between the spindle and the carrier. Sometimes the bearing will be tight and still be bad but most of the time the...
  14. S

Bew cam replacement tips

Ok took another look at the cam and packaging. There is no manufacturing name anywhere. This cam is from bora parts, according to their website the cam is made in the EU but no other manufacturing information is available. Maybe it's a closely guarded secret in the cam replacement business.
  15. S

Bew cam replacement tips

The cam kit came in today. I fully inspected all parts. One thing that got me wondering is the replacement cam does not have chamfers on any of the lobes. This worried me at first, then I read the spec sheet that came with it. It states that the cam is chill cast iron. Doing some research online...