Recent content by Rx7145

1. Rx7145

EGR delete help

The vacuum line going to the flapper valve needs plugged. The tune should remove the vac solenoid that corresponds to the flapper valve so the solenoid and associated vacuum lines can be removed. However, the open vacuum line that went to the solenoid will need to be plugged.
  2. Rx7145

Front subframe removal. Alignment?

Finial update. Got the car aligned and the lower front control arm aft rubber mounts changed. Car drives nice and straight. So the moral of the story is that yes removing the front center subframe will slightly affect alignment and if you are a picky about the steering wheel being straight (I...
  3. Rx7145

Boost issue on my mk5 jetta

This might help. https://web.archive.org/web/20180606161310/http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/turbo-stop-screw-adjustment-tdi-engine-zip-tie-engine-hesitation/ Also any codes? Boost vs requested?
  4. Rx7145

Cluster stays on

I kind of doubt it’s the cluster. The car itself is not going to sleep. I almost wonder if it’s the ignition switch. That car should have the updated can bus module on it from the factory. Sorry, I guess I’m not much help.
  5. Rx7145

2006 Jetta heater problem

Well to me it sounds like you have an odd problem. I guess I would start by taking the panels off and manipulating the controls so you can see what’s broken. If you have buttons it’s all electronic if you have knobs I think that the heat control is still mechanical, but I could be wrong.
  6. Rx7145

No glow light,no start 06 jetta

When cranking does the tack move?
  7. Rx7145

Ready for my third camshaft - Likelihood of bottom end wear?

From my understanding the oil pump takes the brunt of the punishment because it’s pumping unfiltered oil. The oil filter should trap the chunks and give the bearings clean oil. I’ve heard of people changing out the oil pump around 300k for this reason.
  8. Rx7145

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. P0299

Something you could try would be to physically wire the turbo in full boost position and go for a drive and see if you get an over boost that would isolate the problem to the turbo control system.
  9. Rx7145

So on the PD 140 turbo, you got rid of the smart actuator and just have a vacuum actuator now? The vacuum actuator rod move full travel as in the veins in the turbo are not sticking?
  10. Rx7145

When it goes into limp what’s the code? Have you looked at requested vs actual boost?
  11. Rx7145

Front subframe removal. Alignment?

Car is back on the road and the steering wheel seems to be slightly off but other times it seems to be straight, so I’m not sure if it moved. I did notice that the rear bushings of the front control arms is pretty cracked and worn so I might replace those and get an alignment.
  12. Rx7145

BRM Timing belt tracking

Well, since the belt isn’t rubbing on anything, I’m gonna continue to just keep an eye on it and leave it be. It’s my understanding that the water pump is what centers the belt.
  13. Rx7145

My Half Baked 2006 Jetta TDI

Don’t worry about it. Probably a Chinese axle. It’ll start giving weird vibrations after a while. I’ve found that GSP axles seem to be a pretty good value. The OEM axles are too expensive.
  14. Rx7145

My Half Baked 2006 Jetta TDI

I would recheck the axle bolts after 100mi or so. I had some non-factory ones loosen up on me. What brand is that axle?