Recent content by rwehuman

1. R

Front Brake Job 'How To'

2012 Jetta, I just did my first break job 4 new rotors, 8 new pads. I gotta brag....in September '15 the car will be 3 years old. At the time of my break job Monday/Tuesday, it turned 125,970 miles!!!! ( :- 0 A lot of highway miles I know but still.... An Odd occurrence in looking for...
  2. R

2012 Jetta TDI Sedan Brakes Need Help

Prove it. >crosses fingers and mutters go away go away go away< mmmmm un-subscribe how sweet you are. Have a nice day, Happy decelerating!
  3. R

I grow weary of this discussion. Have a nice day, Happy decelerating!
  4. R

dont know why I have partial duplicate posts......... meeeh oh well
  5. R

NIC (Neutral Idle Control) Not V-dubs that I am aware of but the: Chevy Cruze, Chevy Sonic, Buick Encore, BMW E9x, BMW N54, BMW E60, BMW N52K, more BMWs Mitsubishi Mirage, Mitsubishi Outlander, Saturn Astra, Saturn Aura, (There are more but I feel I have defended my statement...
  6. R

Nic ( Buick Encore, Mitsubishi Mirage, Mitsubishi Outlander,The Saturn Astra, Saturn Aura, Chevy Cruze, Chevy Sonic, are all cars that in some variation or another had models with the automatic transmission have a neutral idle feature that automatically disengages the torque converter when...
  7. R

Left hand don't work like it use'ta could, I learned on a stick and would rather drive a stick, its safer that I don't. Actually there are a lot of cars that are automatics that slip into neutral when there is no load demand. If they do it why shouldn't the rest of us?
  8. R

Philadelphia to Houston 1538 miles THREE stops

42.5 mpg @ 9 over the speed limit most of the time
  9. R

Philadelphia to Houston 1538 miles THREE stops

Left with a full tank, stopped 3 times for fuel and still had around a 1/2 tank when I got to Houston. 1,538 miles 21 hours 12 min 0 sleep, never got "the blinks" what your eyes start doing when you need to pull over and sleep.
  10. R

Philadelphia to Houston THREE stops

Left with a full tank, stopped 3 times for fuel and still had around a 1/2 tank when I got to Houston. 1,538 miles 21 hours 12 min 0 sleep, never got "the blinks" what your eyes start doing when you need to pull over and sleep.
  11. R

Ol'Rattler good point, they don't teach *hit about ***** in drivers Ed classes. On a big hill or approaching a stop I will coast all of it in (N) if I can but then if I need to dump speed I do it with the breaks theory being it saves the trans from unnecessary wear, its easier to change breaks...
  12. R

Drivers low beam out

Noted, thank you
  13. R

Ol'Rattler good point, they don't teach *hit about ***** in drivers ED classes. On a big hill or approaching a stop I will coast all of it in (N) if I can but then if I need to dump speed I do it with the breaks theory being it saves the trans from unnecessary wear, its easier to change breaks...
  14. R

Drivers low beam out

He is the dealer. It is his job to fix it. Maybe not to know it right off the bat what it is but call up the food chain and figure it out. If I could call VW RD I would but I cant thats why I go to him and, and,and seen as how it is under his warranty and S I X bulbs blew in less than two...
  15. R

2011 TDI taillight out......$1900

Oh to fix the trunk lid running light they claim to have replaced the board the bulb sits in. Their words, I never saw it, regarding the head lights nothing was ever done I did put in an after market passenger side high beam bulb I think the gremlin just got tired of bugging me.