Recent content by rustytrumbone

1. R

TDI Cup Edition on BaT

I bought it fellas. It’s not for everyone but I like the Cup Editions and this car is exceptional. I have a black one with all options with 3k miles on it. This one has great history and original owner is a Porsche guy.
  2. R

HowTo: OEM Bi-Xenon/OEM Fog Lights/CECM Upgrade/LED Euro Tails in a 2010 Jetta Sedan

Nick, Can you still help me with getting my lights to work? Jeff
  3. R

HowTo: OEM Bi-Xenon/OEM Fog Lights/CECM Upgrade/LED Euro Tails in a 2010 Jetta Sedan

Nick, I wanted to make certain the parts I order are correct, and then make arrangements to bring the car up to NY and have you get it sorted out. Thanks, Jeff
  4. R

Nick, Are you still around? Can you help me with the Cup Car? Jeff
  5. R

Purple wires to nowhere I like the front of the Cup Edition without the fogs. But, I look forward to the LED tails. Do you have the working rear fog? That would be nice. I would prefer the Euro switch. Will it allow me to shut off the DRL's? That bothers me. I bought the auto leveling...
  6. R

I have the Thunder Bunny front grill, and I don't think the fog lights are available as an OEM replacement pannel, so I will prob leave it alone. I want to do the rear LED's, but there are lots of choices. I prefer the Hella's like you have. As far as the rest of the stuff, I will order...
  7. R

Nick, You have no idea how long this process has taken to find answers to this problem. I consider this a blessing to have found someone who knows whats going on. I even have a friend in Germany who was calling all over the place to find out what could be done about this. We have no clue. My...
  8. R

Nick, How did you learn all of this information? Are you a VW engineer? There are no qualified people around here that have that kind of knowledge? Holly crap, you should run a tech support business. Amazing. I do have a buddy who is a VW Tech at local dealer here in Pittsburgh, and I will ask...
  9. R

Cup Edition Nick, Unbelievable job! I have not seen anyone get the headlights installed correctly. Long story, but I have a 2010 Cup Edition (fully optioned-black), and attempted to have the conversion done by a VW dealer in Chicago and they could not do it, and said they did not think it was...
  10. R

Thinking about these headlights for my TDi Cup Edition

Can't believe it! Someone has done it.............and he's in NY. That's great. Thanks very much for the help. I will keep you posted on the progress.
  11. R

I was gracious in my acknowledgment and use of the word "professional". I was told this was the best mechanic they have and he has VW experience dating back to the 70's, but he was not well informed as to the workings in this modification. The install looks nice, and he did not scratch the new...
  12. R

I have a Cup Edition and had the OEM 2009 Jetta Projector/HID headlights professionally installed. I ordered the parts from Germany. They look great, but there is a problem. The module update for the 2010 Jetta cars use the same electronics as the 2011 cars. (which I am told is a huge upgrade...
  13. R

2010 Jetta Cup Edition - Salsa Red

I have a fully loaded black Cup Edition. It was literally the only one in the US with every option. I traveled from Pittsburgh to Chicago and towed it home on a U Haul trailer. Anyways, I had the headlights converted to the factory Xenon (GTI) as you mentioned. Its costly, but what a...