Recent content by Rustynuts

1. R

immobilizer keyless remote cloning threat?

Not quite as cut and dried as you might think. Although the Email and Snopes reply to it are old news, the Keeloq algorith has been cracked already. See here. Apparently...;)
  2. R

Not a TDI issue....Top Gear.

An update on this, direct from Jeremy Clarkson. This link is to "The Sun Online" and gives a good idea of how Richard is doing. Pretty good by the sound of things. Link to Jeremy Clarkson article. Also, here's a link to the online donation site for the air ambulance appeal. Link. Donations...
  3. R

Not a TDI issue....Top Gear.

As per title, not strictly involving TDI's, but I know a few people here are fans of the British series of Top Gear. Some rather sad news, Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond was seriously injured yesterday while filming for the program. He is now in a stable but serious condition in hospital...
  4. R

Just purchased EURO Switch-did I get the correct switch

If it's for your Mk V, then chances are it's the wrong switch. The part number you quote is for a Mk IV model.
  5. R

Newbie here, from Scotland, UK

Exactly. Every little helps.;) Spelchek, the engine will be a 1.9 PD130, originally 228lb/ft of torque and possibly now up to about 290lb/ft.
  6. R

Finally...800 Mile Club!

So, the answer is I should've continued to make the 800 mile mark. Then either walk 3 miles back to the diesel station or try for the next one which was about 20 miles further on. And before we all start about turning back and driving back to the station, I was on a motorway, and to get back I...
  7. R

How does PD injection work?

On the VW PD injectors, the solenoid valve closes to allow fuel into the injector body, and then be injected into the cylinder. It opens again at the end of injection to allow fuel into the return line.
  8. R

Finally...800 Mile Club!

Aye, nearly made 800 on my last tankfull, but I was too close to running out to make it. Maybe this next tank'll get me there when the wife doesn't borrow it anytime. Oh, and look how much it costs us in the UK.:(
  9. R

Newbie here, from Scotland, UK

Hi Kristian. Seems like everyone I know gets a Fabia Vrs in black.:) A couple of things. Due to folks ringing your car and pinching number plate details, I'd edit the pics to remove the plate details if I was you. Otherwise you could end up getting speeding and parking tickets from someone...
  10. R

130 vs 150hp

Difference between 150 and 130 engine. Well for a start, there's a big front mounted intercooler on the 150, the 130 gets the side mounted unit. I also think that the turbo is slightly different construction, different materials used for some parts. The compression ratio is dropped slightly down...
  11. R

Diagrammatic help please with turbo components

Wide Open Throttle. Note this doesn't necessarily mean in top gear.
  12. R

Amsoil In this Thread only

The UK dealerships stock a range of oils called "Quantum" on the shelf to sell to customers. It's the same Castrol stuff they use in the service dept, just rebranded and marketed as their own oil. The stuff they use in the service dept is Castrol, but not in bottles. It comes in drums and is...
  13. R

VAG Results

I don't know tbh. what the fitting is. It clips onto the injectors, must run out through the cylinder head somewhere, and then connect to either the main loom or the ecu. It should be easy enough if it goes to the ecu as it'll just clip into a socket. It'll be called something daft and specific...
  14. R

Trying to decide which one from the 1.4 TDI to get??

Not driven a 90 TDI, mate, so I can't say.
  15. R

VAG Results

Right, so after swapping the injectors over, you've still got a misfire on cylinder number 2 same as before the swap. That can only be the wiring loom. For the Golf etc. the part of the loom you need is about £30, but I don''t know how much for the Passat.