Recent content by rustybolts

1. R

Air bubbles in lines, 2003 jetta wagon, auto, 229,000miles

Tks for giving a direction toward the head seal ! Was thinking of head seal replacement in first place and waiting for Dieselgeek kit to arrive . Will install and let you know if that works !
  2. R

Tks, KLXD, for helping diagnosing the problem. Will recheck again all lines connections( 3rd/4th times) and redo an IV test with the return line above the pump this time to look for air bubbles! Might plug or block return line from injectors to eliminate that . ! Do you think doing a Diesel...
  3. R

Installed an IV line above the injection pump and return line below the pump! After vacuum return line and bleeding injectors, it started right away and ran for 1 or 2 minutes, then died ! Right after it died, i saw lots of air bubbles coming from the supply line and up to the IV container...
  4. R

2004 - Jetta Wagon - Automatic - Valve issue

01M valve body replacement CKent, if you think you have "valve body " problems, there is only one guy who I recommend, Kansas City TDI( Richards ) . He rebuilt my valve body on my 03 wagon ALH 3 yrs ago and never had a problem since . Got 35k since and the 01M runs great. Very happy with his work
  5. R

01m Valve Body Replacement, is it worth it?

01M valve body replacement Got mine done by CoolAir VW in Kansas City two yrs ago at 190,000 miles . Also had to replaced 2/3 solenoids and now have 228,000. Never had a problem since . very small valve body and shipping is cheap ( 10 or 15$).He knows valve bodys
  6. R

Broken #2 injector hold down bolt

broken #2 injectors bolt Just happened to me last week because of head gasket water leak into #2 cylinder ! Bolt snapped and injector went up about 1/4 or 1/2 inch . removed the head and use a left-hand screw extractor and was not that hard to extract . Lucky ? Maybe, but I had worst experience...
  7. R

Jetta wagon water on floor

Had the same problem w/jettawagon 03 .If you open front doors and looks around hinges, you ll see a little rubber hose coming out of body and it could be clogged . just make sure both sides are open and let water from sunroof down tru thoses hoses
  8. R

What to do w/ P0299 turbo underboost?

Just lost llot of power with turbo and code P0299 came up on jetta 03 w/alh with 151k. Only thing i did lately is change tranny filter and fluid and cleaned EGR and plastic pipe from intercooler. Wonder if I touch something else or when I reinstalled air filter and box . Wonder what caused that...
  9. R

New head replacement problem, need help

Thanks,Manual , up there in Flint (pl, keep the cold upthere cause it was 29deg. here in south ga. fri.morning) , can you give me a link or address for Fred ? ( by the way, comp. on my tdi was between 485 and 505psi. )
  10. R

Update on head replacement. THANK YOU, GUYS. Nice to have coaches walking you tru basics (when sh..t happens, backto basic). Timing was right on, but tried one teeth off and crank hit valves when I was turning very ,very slow. So went back to original timing and bleed fuel filter, return hose...
  11. R

Timing Belt or Injection Pump?

Yep, 2 teeth off is bend valves and problems . Happened to me last week, head off and replaced unless you have " flexibles valves and guides " which doesn't exist yet! Good luck
  12. R

Guys, thank you for the direction of finding the trouble. Think I 'll check compression on all cylinders to eliminate basic problems. Will double check timing basic on 3 sprockets (crank, cam and IP ) .Will let you know if I get lucky ( thanks for the learning at any age and nice to have coaches...
  13. R

Can use help on a couple of questions after i replace the head on my 2003 tdi jetta. First, timing belt broke in my driveway [better in my driveway than on a highway], back up the car 25 ft , turned it off and try to start it again 20 min. later, didn't start,try again , nothing and i didn't...
  14. R

WANTED: ENGINE for Jetta 2000 TDI <120K

Hey, 63 if you still have the alh engine , i might be interested since i found out my 03 jetta tdi belt brobe in my driveway and the crank does not turn ( one lifter is frozen and some aluminum particles around the cam is not good news ) . Let me know if it 's still avai. Will take head...
  15. R

Master cylinder toast?

Had to replace master cylinder on my tdi jetta 03 at 78,000. tried to blame my wife since she s driving it, but didn't work. not too expensive to replace and easy job