Recent content by rt_hawk

1. rt_hawk

2014 Q5 TDI Front and Rear Final Drive/Transfer Case

My aisin 8 speed took around 6.65 liters with a pan drop and filter replacement...I think the manual said 6.3 litres, I used Rowe ATF, plus 2/3rds of a OEM ATF bottle to get it to level at temp. But I got side tracked with my neighbor who came over for a "friendly chat" while I was extremely...
  2. rt_hawk

I wouldn’t say it’s a PIA, like 3 quarts total of 75w90 liquimoly GL5 plus the fancy 2 quarts VEEDUB transfer case magic oil... in the Q7, I think your transfer case gets a ZF fluid bath IFRC. I would say you’re definitely safe at those intervals, but when I’m in doubt, I gas-spec it out! (With...
  3. rt_hawk

They probably consider it a lifetime fill like they consider the ATF in the Aisin 8 speed “lifetime” fluid. That’s why it states “check for leaks” for front and rear gearbox. Changed mine out at 46k in my q7. Probably will stick to 65k intervals going forward. My old 6.4 F250 I filled with...
  4. rt_hawk

Car shutters at 75mph+

My shake at idle and 70-75+ turned out to be a harmonic balancer! Check yours out and replace every 40-50k miles until someone makes a better product! I have 275/45R20’s s-Line rims with Continental extreme contact AWS tires, road force balanced, it helped, but the damper solved everything!
  5. rt_hawk

New Q5 TDI recall???

They do new up pipes and flex pipes? Turbo gaskets and etc etc?? Mine are starting to seep a bit, since they are all emissions I could take it in, but then I need to reflash to stock...
  6. rt_hawk

Harmonic balancer pooped out!

Crap!! Indigo blue wagon, I was at your shop at like 11:30am today...wish I would check this forums more...I was busy with parts searches!!! Doh!
  7. rt_hawk

All fixed!! I needed my car tomorrow for work, so I road my triumph tiger 1200xca down to the Audi that had 8 bolts, the shim and damper in stock, stopped at idparts for a belt and idler kit+tensioner. Threw it together this afternoon. Purrrrrrrs now. I’m not sure this makes a difference but...
  8. rt_hawk

Got lucky and it just seperated, 10k miles into a malone stage 2 tune, I drive a ton for work....now to get held over the coals by the local dealer since I can't seem to find any aftermarket solutions that are close by and I need my Q7 back today. Anyone know of any good aftermarket brands for...
  9. rt_hawk

2011 Q7 TDI Rear HVAC lines diameters??

So the rear liquid line is 10mm, the large return line is a 16mm. Fancy hydraulic hose shops sell both custom lines and splices for aluminum lines. PIRTEK and Omni services both have a wide range of the supplies you need to make your own AC lines where you have a connection you need to splice in...
  10. Q7 and its stuff

Q7 and its stuff

Q7 pics and probs
  11. Q7 and its stuff

Q7 and its stuff

Q7 pics and probs
  12. Q7

Q7

My q7 and is issues
  13. Q7 and its stuff

Q7 and its stuff

Q7 pics and probs
  14. rt_hawk

2011 Q7 TDI Rear HVAC lines diameters??

Hey all, I have a leak in my rear hvac lines, right where the liquid line rubber crimps to the aluminum section...does anyone know the diameters off hand so I can upgrade them with high pressure rubber splice kits like these?? I just picked up a 2011 Q7 S-Line Prem. Plus TDI one owner with 45k...