Recent content by Rrusse11

1. R

manual to power windows conversion

Welcome Whitey, Lol, just remember I got first dibs on the manual window hardware. Too me, manual is better, as for Nuje, well, he's quite right, whatever floats your boat that is worth it to you and the hassle involved.
  2. R

manual to power windows conversion

If you manage to do it, I'll take the manual window mechanisms!
  3. R

Recommendation for rear shocks

When towing or heavily loaded, I'll run 36psi in the rears, matching my usual front pressure of 36psi. But 95% of the time 36front/32rear works good for me.
  4. R

Tire suggestion for 2002 Golf TDI GLS

estefania, Just msged you, let me know if you're interested.
  5. R

Recommendation for rear shocks

"I do keep the pressure at 40 psi," I'd say that's high, drop the rears to 32psi and give it a drive.
  6. R

Lets talk impact guns

I went with the Baueer for battery compatability, just picked up a spare charger on Ebay for $20. I do have a battery that needs a rebuild, but I'm close enough to Red Lion, PA to drop in to these people: https://www.mtobattery.com/ Used them before on my old Porter Cable drill, first battery...
  7. R

Cam Condition

STDOUBT, At 200k on mine, I don't have quite the wear you had, but I've got a new Idparts cam on the shelf. Not an urgent job in my case, but I can definitely feel the beginnings of the pitting. Great clear photo of the wear that seems to start happening on the MkIV cams that commonly occurs...
  8. R

Lets talk impact guns

@Pedalsteel, I use the Bauer tools. Buy 'em on sale, and IMO they're a bargain. As good as Dewalt or Milwaukee, nah, but over the years I've snagged big amp hrs batteries off Ebay, and I've had pretty good luck. Are they "pro" quality? nope, but my 3/8" impact gets used a couple times a...
  9. R

REPLACEMENT EXHAUST SYSTEM

https://mufflerexpress.ca/products/vw-mk4-tdi-jetta-golf-beetle-2-5-downpipe?_pos=1&_sid=c3621a74c&_ss=r I can recommend these people. Mebbe 4yrs or so ago I got a complete exhaust, no cat. At that time they were selling them on Ebay. It fit my Golf beautifully, possibly NLA due to EPA...
  10. R

What did you do to your MKIV today?

GP_RZ, That should tone it down for you, nice pics! A downturn at the end of the pipe may help too.
  11. R

Trouble downshifting to 2nd

No mention of mileage on the tranny, could be wear on the 2nd gear synchro. As Zak points out, may not be the correct oil. And @ Dolphin, I'll double clutch 1st, but I'd suggest double clutching ALL gear shifts will wear out your clutch springs et al. My $.02
  12. R

Used 02J with 0.717 5th gear

Lol, to each his own. I regard 6spds as over rated and .681 too low, mind you, my tires are oversize. We can agree that it's a good idea to grab it! :)
  13. R

Used 02J with 0.717 5th gear

Big fan of the .717! You'll love it burpod. Grab the whole tranny, they're getting hard to find.
  14. R

///// best way to haul plywood on the roof rack /////

Or have it delivered,,,,,,
  15. R

Vevor Diesel Heater ?

"I've read that there are only 5 and 8kW heaters, and they all are adjustable down. To get 2kW, they simply limit the fuel on a 5kW heater. I can't vouch for this first hand, though." shoebear, Take a look now at the link I posted, the 2kw is a different form than the 5-8kw offerings...