Recent content by rrgrassi

1. rrgrassi

Dieselgate warranty is awesome!

Our 2013 (bought used w/180K on it) was retrofitted at 81k. We now have 205k on it. But, it has been tuned and certain items deleted. It has the DSG, and even when rolling at 20 MPH, nail it, and it will still break the tires free. I live in an area that only does safety inspections. If...
  2. rrgrassi

2012 golf cjaa hot start issue.

Our '06 BRM and the '13 CJJA were doing the "took a few times to crank it" at hot starts. We had no codes. It would crank, run less than a second and die. 2nd or third time, they were running. No issues on cold starts. Replacing the starter fixed the issue.
  3. rrgrassi

Intermittent starting issue

Our 2013 did that, except the alternator and battery checked out fine. When hot it would crank, and not start until the third try. Replaced the starter. Now cranks fast and short even after long drives.
  4. rrgrassi

2010 AC compressor clutch locked-up

RCV, As I recall is Refrigerant Control Valve.
  5. rrgrassi

Weird lock issue

Did you buy the Ross Tech VCDS? If so, they also have a great forum for their product, and how to use it for programming.
  6. rrgrassi

Control arm compatibility

Sorry man! Maybe someone will chime in. Doing the parts search helped me with my 2003 Golf. The TDI and VR6 used the same from control arms, bushings and ball joints. The pricing was different, with the TDI being cheaper.
  7. rrgrassi

Battery - which kind to buy?

Find out who makes the OEM. It may be Johnson Controls. Personally, I use Interstate Batteries.
  8. rrgrassi

Control arm compatibility

Check to see if they are the same part number. Use 2015 GTI and Jetta search on FCP Euro or AutohausAZ.com
  9. rrgrassi

Start, no start

Our 2013 did the same. The 2006 1.9 TDI did that as well. VCDS did not have any codes. There is a guy on here that had the same issue, and his problem turned out to be a weak starter. I replaced the starters on both. Issue went away.
  10. rrgrassi

Can I drive with no PAG?

Old one out, well no driving for sure. Do you have AAA with Towing?
  11. rrgrassi

Can I drive with no PAG?

You should be fine to drive it to the shop, then.
  12. rrgrassi

Any Experience With Snow Chains for Jetta?

I live in Texas, so I cannot say anything about the chains. However, when we do get snow and ice, I take the Jetta even though it is my wife's car. I found when the Traction Control is engaged, the car tries to hunt for traction. Hardly any movement. Turn off Traction Control, and it will...
  13. rrgrassi

Can I drive with no PAG?

Has the compressor been installed yet? If not, then you are good. Are you replacing the drier along with the compressor?
  14. rrgrassi

(resolved) 2014 JSW TDI: Many Codes and light (VCDS log included). Can I get a check on where to start?

Take the car to an auto parts place. They can test the battery and alternator on the car. The alternator issue I ran into was the clutch on the alternator quit engaging.
  15. rrgrassi

(resolved) 2014 JSW TDI: Many Codes and light (VCDS log included). Can I get a check on where to start?

Check your alternator output as well. Had under voltage codes pop up on former TDI and my daughter's former Audi. Bad alternator was the problem.