Recent content by rpm

1. rpm

2006 Jetta TDI Western MA

pics Here are some shots. Exterior, taken in early May when the snow tires & wheels were still on: Interior, taken in mid-July:
  2. Interior rear

Interior rear

Driver's side interior rear view
  3. Interior front

Interior front

Driver's side interior rear view
  4. Driver's rear

Driver's rear

Passenger's front view
  5. Passenger's front

Passenger's front

Passenger's front view
  6. rpm

130,000 Thanks for pointing that out. It's at just under 130,000 miles. I'll edit the original post to add that information.
  7. rpm

Price reduced.
  8. rpm

One owner '06 Jetta TDI 5 speed, grey, well maintained, 130,000 miles. Asking $4300 $3800. Timing belt was done at 90K by TDI guru Mike McCann, who also replaced a bad EGR valve at 115K. Other major repairs include brakes twice, two broken springs and a leaking radiator hose. Just prior to...
  9. rpm

PD cam failure - Data collection thread

More BRM engine cam wear data Engine: BRM Build: 7/2005 Year: 2006 Origin: Mexico Cam failure Y/N, miles: N Type of failure: N/A Full oil service history, type, spec, weight, and brand if you have it: Motul 501.5 5W40 used for all oil changes, done at scheduled intervals Miles on car: 51,000...
  10. rpm

How many trouble free miles on your A5

No problems here. We're at 23,000 miles +, most of that on B20. I've done all the scheduled maintenance myself so the car has never been back to the dealer. Wouldn't hesitate to get another when my next car dies.
  11. rpm

KEY FOB Won't Open Doors/Trunk (Intermittent)

I posted the same issue not long after I first got my car (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=133294). I'm once again having the same problems in both remotes, and I suspect that I need to clean or change the batteries in the remotes. (I also have intermittent luck with both. One...
  12. rpm

How do I remove the fuel filter for 2006 Jetta?

I just did my 20K service, and I too found that the "push down and twist to unlock" method that LargeMarge posted a while back didn't do anything but allow the filter to rotate. I ended up just unclipping the housing, dumping the fuel in a clean can, and then pulling up on the filter. Yes, it...
  13. rpm

Oil capacity, etc. quick questions

Oil change intervals The oil changes are at 5K and 10K, and then every 10K afterward. There are lots of threads you can search about oil change procedures and the (limited) options on oils to use.
  14. rpm

Shuddering in first and reverse gear

No shuddering here We have an '06 manual, now with over 15,000 miles on it. Neither my wife nor I have ever had anything like what you are describing. On a hill from a stop there can be a tiny bit of shudder as the clutch starts to engage, but the amount of vibration seems to me more related...
  15. rpm

15 inch tires for the Winter?

Hakkapeliitta snows I asked this same question last fall. I was convinced by folks on the forum to get Nokian Hakkapeliitta II snow tires (without studs). I was late in buying, and I couldn't get steel rims anywhere, so I bought four 15" rims from TireRack and had a local shop that sells...