Recent content by Rowan Lyon

1. R

Newbie Sport Wagen Question

Pet peave, every winter repairs to the DEF line behind the passenger tire near the DEF tank. Love the car hate the still under warranty redundant repair! 2015 post court case new purchase in 2017.
  2. R

Cold air draft firewall MK5

Not yet but worth a try.
  3. R

Cold air draft firewall MK5

My 2015 Gold Sportwagon TDI, has a cold air draft when making Right hand corners only, It has had this problem since its first winter in 2017. Any suggestions where to look on the firewall for a draft that only happens when you make right hand corners. Just to be obnoxious, and beat the point...
  4. R

2006 Jetta Sportwagon GLS TDI

Where to start? Fix or replace carriage assembly for retractable sunroof? Definitely needs new gasket. Advice to temporary disable for winter? Fuse removal, motor harness disconnect, or simple quick disconnect on power lead to sunroof motor. Will randomly pop open on the coldest day -30 or...
  5. R

2006 Jetta Sportwagon GLS TDI

6. R

sunroof acting weird

With the frost you can see how the sunroof closes crooked.
  7. 40F5859A-B01A-41B7-B847-4D26D01E1D85.jpeg

40F5859A-B01A-41B7-B847-4D26D01E1D85.jpeg

Sunroof carriage assembly twisted due to winter water leak.
  8. 8F05E40C-89D9-4671-BDDE-75EE7AD40341.jpeg

8F05E40C-89D9-4671-BDDE-75EE7AD40341.jpeg

Sunroof carriage assembly twisted due to a winter water leak.
  9. R

Broken harness

Broken harness
  10. R

How do you remove panoramic sunroof sunshade repair?

There is a recall on that problem. Just had the caps pulled at the bottom of the drain tubes on my 2015 2 weeks ago.
  11. R

sunroof acting weird

Frost damage to the carriage assembly on my sunroof causes it to randomly open. It opening in -30 is an unbelievable pain. Is there a fuse I can pull instead if disconnecting the motor ever winter. The window is 3mm out. The back one corner flush (passenger side) and the other rear (drivers...
  12. R

VW Winter Front Now Available for A4's!!

06 coupe and wagon are different grills. 06 wagon is the 05 coupe winter front.
  13. R

Random for the warmup comments. I set the handbrake and leave it in drive to warm up my Old '06 wagon a bit faster for when you cannot plug it in.. I do have the winter front and the coolant heater.
  14. R

No joy! It's the wrong one for my 2015 sportwagon Highline.