Recent content by RoundHouse

1. R

Looking for 01 Beetle K member & oil pan

wonder if it’s worth the trouble to swap the K member on a 20 ur old car with 255k miles ? and I’m not sure the rear mount on the unibody subframe where the K member bolts up isn’t damaged It looks like the bolt head is tilted to the rear a little .
  2. R

, I have one on the way . Thanks for the offer .
  3. R

2 - 1-96 & 1-97 passat tdi's for sale, both wrecked, both run, both have titles

Are these mechanical injection or electronic ? Didn’t know the tdi was sold way back in 96 .
  4. R

wheel shake at 70-80mph and under moderate braking

The seal , like a gasket ? Can cause a wobble ?
  5. R

Suspension refresh, anything missing?

The bolt looked like it was at an angle I removed it and it wasn’t bent so either the frame rail mount is moved , which doesn’t look like it , cause that would usually knock off the undercoating . hard to imagine the mount in the frame getting pushed back without the lower control arm bending...
  6. R

Suspension refresh, anything missing?

@Wilkins I have some questions about how you repaired and aligned the subframe our beetle recently killed a curb , head on , drivers side wheel bent , control Arm looks ok but the front of the K member where the control arm bushing are , is dented around the bushings where it hit the curb ...
  7. R

01 beetle tdi 5 speed Hit a median curb pretty hard. Broke the oil pan and some Minor damage to the K member is the K member the same for the auto manual ? is the K member on the beetle the same as the golf Jetta etc ? What about the K frame from the gassers ? Is it the same
  8. R

from the horse's mouth (EPA/CARB at SEMA)

Close enough A car needs one computer to run the engine and that’s it There is no need for a computer to run the heat and air And a computer in each door to run the locks and windows in that door . Friend of mine had a Chevrolet several years ago with a small computer in each ...
  9. R

What are my options for a new key cut to my vehicle besides dealer?

Friend of mine lost their only fob to their late model Subaru That doesn’t use a actual key just the fob being near the car $2,100 to replace
  10. R

which gen tdi is most reliable?

same here. I recently replaced the O rings in the injector pump cover and theres no way I could have done that without the info on here. couldnt replace the alternator either. I think the official Volkswagen repair manual starts with "begin by removing both front fenders"
  11. R

I don’t buy any stuff like starters or alternators or water pumps from auto zone or some other store They are all made in China garbage I get those type of parts from the dealer or have the starters and Alts rebuilt at a local shop We’ve not had too much problem with the 2000 beetle Just...
  12. R

I couldn’t believe how much the Porsche’s depreciate so quickly I’ve seen a couple of nice Cayennes for under $6k
  13. R

Does the warranty go with the car or just the first person who buys it from the stealership after the fix ? Is it like a bumper to bumper or just for the emission components ? I see a lot of 2013-15 for sale from small private car lots And a few from individuals and of course at Vw...
  14. R

How I fixed my no-turbo problem

Nice work Thought mine was bad but it was a broken vacuum line to the actuator
  15. R

Very disappointing ~33 mpg

Mrs roundhouse has had a 00 beetle five speed for years and it’s never gotten over 40 on the interstate and Usually around 35-36 in town My 01 golf five speed got 44 every tank no matter how or where you drove it Needed a larger vehicle , 12 yr old child had juvenile arthritis and had to...