Recent content by RomanL

1. R

80k maintenance cost

$358 7/17/2013 Oil & Filter Fuel Filter Engine Air Filter Cabin Dust/Pollen Filter thats all
  2. R

What other cars have you DRIVEN as you consider replacement?

Outback test drive scheduled for Saturday. i'm in Denver and drive to the mountains weekly so i'm a bit concerned by hp/tq numbers of Outback. so i specifically asked for extended test drive from Denver up to and over Loverland Pass (not the tunnel, but over rt.6 and over the pass at 11,991'...
  3. R

just hit 150K miles w/ my GOLF TDI. My experience & numbers (cost to won, MPG, etc)

solid question. i do love the car and would have happily fixed it and kept driving if buy back didn't happen. but with only 2 to 3 month tops for buy back it financially makes sense to Sell it Back even if i was to buy exact same car. Check auto trader: for money i get from BuyBack i would...
  4. R

just hit 150K miles w/ my GOLF TDI. My experience & numbers (cost to won, MPG, etc)

so i posted above on VWVortex 2 weeks ago, and TODAY at 150,700 miles..... my Turbo goes... what a bummer loss of power, high pitch noise, etc. still drives but... had it towed to my house. will let it sit till buy back. closest dealer is 3.4 miles away will drive it there and sell it back...
  5. R

What other cars have you DRIVEN as you consider replacement?

have not test driven any yet, but as of today (150,700 miles on my TDI and TURBO just went, so i think i'll let it sit till i can drive it into the dealership for buyback) but will be looking at: Subaru Outback VW GOLF Wagon 4motion maybe CPO: Volvo V60XC BMW X1 for next vehicle NEED more...
  6. R

just hit 150K miles w/ my GOLF TDI. My experience & numbers (cost to won, MPG, etc) As title says, *(7/21/16) i hit 150,000 miles My short review/experience: LOVE this car, best car i've ever owned and plan on keeping for a while longer. (i figured at 240K when it's time for 2nd timing belt...
  7. R

'10 GOLF TDI, NO HEAT (passenger side), Driver side gets HEAT? Clogged heater core.

and you're doing all this through driver side footwell right? there was no need to remove the dash? if you have any pics, post them up. thanks
  8. R

2012 JSW TDI - humming noice

^^ to guys who had wheel bearing go out. 1. does it happen quickly and you notice right away? or 2. slowly overtime? just wondering because in Sept/Nov when i was taking summer tires off and putting witner set on. i noticed very very slight feathering/cupping on one of the tires. so was...
  9. R

'10 GOLF TDI, NO HEAT (passenger side), Driver side gets HEAT? Clogged heater core.

Update: so after calling few dealers locally they all seemed to think that removing dash was required to replace heater core . 1 call to a performance (VW, AUDI, BMW) shop and he was able to confirm it would be about 3 hr job in labor + part. (no dash removal needed) i havent scheduled...
  10. R

any chance you did the job yet? can you do it w/out tearing out the dash?
  11. R

great thanks, i'll give them a call. I guess one last question, any chance you remember the name of your service advisor or tech? otherwise i'll just ask around thanks
  12. R

ok thanks, i'm going to call around other dealers. so they were 100% sure that there's no need to tear out whole dash to get to the heater core? did you ask if they accessed it from inside (passenger footwell / center console area?) or from outsed (under the hood/underneath the car?) thanks
  13. R

How many miles are you getting on brakes and rotars

im at 124,5xx miles and am still on originals. at 120K service my mechanic said im just at about half point on rears and little more than half in the front. I will replace Rotors and Pads when its due. I might do it a little early not to have that washed out braking feel when pads get low. so...