Recent content by romad

1. romad

Show what you tow!

Underneath the photo is "Midsota UT6208". Perhaps that is the model?
  2. romad

Massive MPG hit of -10 mpg

Well, the car was used to 100' elevation and 50+ cetane fuel then went overnight to 5300' and 40 cetane fuel (it was brought on an U-Haul transporter, not driven). I had filled the tank with CARB Diesel so the first 500+ miles in Prescott was on it. It was only when I filled the second time in...
  3. romad

Found this satisfying

Yep, when California passed a massive fuel tax increase it was sold to the voters as being SOLELY for road improvements. However, buried in the text were diversions to things like PR for parks, bike paths, etc, totaling almost 1/3 of the new taxes. Of course there would NOT have been any need...
  4. romad

Found this satisfying

That's what I've been paying (cash price) in Prescott, AZ for the last 6 months.
  5. romad

An update: since my initial post, my mpg has regained about 6 - 7 mpg so maybe it was the ECU adjusting due to the higher altitude & lower cetane fuel.
  6. romad

The Trip Thread

What was the color of the Javelin? A friend of mine once owned one in "Fresh Plum" (the story of how he got it is interesting).
  7. romad

What did you do to your car today?

And here is post-installation.
  8. romad

True, but not because we don't get snow since our elevation is just about 5,300 ft. However we live on a cul-de-sac that isn't plowed, and neither are the two streets we have to drive on to get to a main road.
  9. romad

Well, at 150 - 200 lbs it should. Of course if you drive across it at an angle some creep might be imparted. Also, I ordered an extra center section so with all four sections bolted together, it will be extremely hard to steal. It is also way cheaper than having the driveway ripped out and...
  10. romad

Actually what I did yesterday wasn't anything TO my car but rather FOR my car. I ordered the Bridjit driveway gap ramp.
  11. romad

The Trip Thread

Two questions: Is that a Sonett II or a Sonnet V4? I always wanted to get a Sonett III but never was able to do so. However I still have the Miata I bought in July 1989. Was the fourth car in the parade an AMC Javelin or an AMX? I think it is an AMX but wasn't sure.
  12. romad

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I was looking at your site and trying to figure out exactly what else I'd need besides EGR cooler pipe. Once they tell me the diagnosis, I'll get back to you.
  13. romad

Yesterday, 16 June the check engine light came on but I had no way to check it since I don't have Internet at my new house yet. So today I decided to take it to a VW Authorized repair shop to have them read the codes; I barely made it. I see oil on the hose going into the intake so I'm...
  14. romad

Any way to see the instructions before ordering?
  15. romad

Yep, what hskrdu said. The Cetane # has to be 50 or higher.