Recent content by RogueVW

1. R

Not for sale: 2002 Golf ALH TDI 5-speed Original Owner 242K mi Boston

iceman, thank you for your PM. Unfortunately I will need to pass. My son is a new driver and looking for a car of his own. He loves my 2015 tdi and wants a manual diesel we can work on together. I thought an ALH would be fun but my wife says as a new driver he needs to be in something bigger and...
  2. R

Not for sale: 2002 Golf ALH TDI 5-speed Original Owner 242K mi Boston

Is she still available? If so, please PM me.
  3. R

2015 Jetta 2.0 Diesel Timing

I did the timing belt on my 2015 Golf SW. I did not notice a mark on the lower timing belt cover. If when you rotate the engine to TDC, the crankshaft, cam shaft and HPFP are all lined up and pins can be inserted, you should be all set.
  4. R

Changing Timing Belt: Loosening the High Pressure Fuel Pump Sprocket

Thanks. I was able to free it up by just rotating. Wish I thought of some oil. Got her all put back together. Thanks for your help.
  5. R

Seems like I need a gear puller to loosen the sprocket. Does anyone know if one exists for this purpose? Thanks
  6. R

I am do the 130K service on my mk7 and need to change the timing belt. I have engine at TDC and have done the following: 1. Crankshaft locked 2. Cam shaft sprocket is locked and loosened allowing a bit of travel. Next, I need to loosen the HPFP sprocket. I am following the manual which states...
  7. Stuff2

Stuff2

8. Screenshot 2021-06-12 234922.png

Screenshot 2021-06-12 234922.png

9. Stuff

Stuff

10. HPFP_Sprocket

HPFP_Sprocket

11. R

Timing Belt: Cam Sprocket Not Locked But at DTC

Thanks for your help. I got the cam sprocket locked back in place. Having an issue with the HPFP and will enter a new post on that. Jonathan
  12. R

Thanks. So, if I use the counter hold and tighten the sprocket center bolt, the carrier window should rotate back into the center? Then I just stop when I can get the pin back in?
  13. R

The pin hole is above the carrier window right now. If I rotate CCW, the pin hole will be further above the carrier window. Can I rotate CW? Thanks again for your help.
  14. R

Thanks for your reply ticaf. I am changing the timing belt and the new belt was too tight to fit without allowing the sprockets to rotate. Here is a picture of the issue on the cam sprocket: Picture Here is what I did: 1. Set engine at TDC. 2. Locked cam shaft, HPFP and crank shaft 3...
  15. R

Hello I am doing the timing belt on my mk7 CRUA. I watched a video where a guy changed the timing belt without loosening the camshaft sprocket and the HPF. He made it look so easy. :) I tried the same and could not get the new belt on. Reverting back to the manual which says to loosen the cam...