Recent content by Rodinal220

1. Rodinal220

2006 NB DSG TDI won't start

I checked the wires from the battery going to the starter and could not find anything bad. The connections were still snug just dirty after all these years. I gave them a good cleaning, gave the starter a light tap or two with a wooden hammer handle. I put the key in the ignition and heard the...
  2. Rodinal220

P2B, many thanks. I'm not a VAG-COM guru by any stretch. I checked the battery with my volt/ohm meter, and it reads 12./12.2v. I guess the only way to check the starter is to pull it and put some power to it to see if the motor or solenoid works. Any other insights would be welcome. I'm still...
  3. Rodinal220

Anybody have any insights on how to check the ECU to see if its toast??
  4. Rodinal220

I have checked the wires on the terminal block on top of the battery, appear GTG as does the three 30amp fuses. I checked the fuses inside the car located on the driver side fuse panel, all look good. I'm going to inspect the ABS sensors as there is a code for them, had one get the wire cut...
  5. Rodinal220

Had some really cold weather and my NB had trouble starting, couldn't get it to turn over. Meaning it cranked but couldn't spin fast enough to light. I had double dosed the tank with White Power Service prior to the cold snap.. I waited until the weather warmed up and the NB would not turn over...
  6. Rodinal220

DSG oil choice

I have used VW factory, Liqui-Moly, Febi-Bilstein with no issues. I use the top fill method. I buy the kits from IDParts, they say the filter is an OEM but the factory marked part is $5 more. They both look identical. 5L comes out so I put 5L back in.
  7. Rodinal220

How bad is the dsg in a 2006 tdi bug?

I have a 2006 NB DSG. The DSG grenaded at 60k. Thankfully I had the extended warranty and after fighting with the Stealership and getting Corporate involved I got a new DSG installed at no additional cost. I do my own service using the top fill method every 40k. I have used OEM VW 1st, Pentosin...
  8. Rodinal220

DSG Transmission Oil

I'm currently running the Liqui Moly 8100 in my 2006 NB DSG with zero issues. I previously used OEM, Pentosin, now Liqui Moly. I purchased everything from IDParts.com. I couldn't tell a difference between any of them in my vehicle. LIQUI MOLY Dual Clutch Transmission Oil 8100 - DSG MPN: LM20044
  9. Rodinal220

Fuel additives

I use Power Service White and Silver.
  10. Rodinal220

Anyone still have their TDI's?

Still have mine. I'm going to drive it till it dies.
  11. Rodinal220

2006 NB headlamp question

Thanks for the part info.Any idea how to get the old one out??? I haven't been able to figure it out.
  12. Rodinal220

2006 NB headlamp question

The wires and connector on the head lamp itself, not the one on the car, are getting fried. Yes I'm running the hotter SYLVANIA H7 SilverStar Ultra. The stock bulbs suck at night. I need to know how to get the connector out, the white plastic one with several flat blades facing up. I'm thinking...
  13. Rodinal220

99 Beetle shut off while driving

Possibly the fuel filter/o-rings,you may have a vacuum leak and are sucking air. I had my 2006 NB die on me and it was the o-rings,used the supplied black/black ones and not the VW black/blue ones.The filter was a Hengst from an approved TDI vendor. Had to bleed the air out of the fuel system...
  14. Rodinal220

Bio in a PD?

I run B11-20 with no engine/oil issues so far 90k.
  15. Rodinal220

Volkswagen: “We will improve quality”

:rolleyes::rolleyes: