Recent content by rocky raccoon

1. rocky raccoon

Does the Blue Def need to be changed out?

Time to change that old, stale winter air in your tires, Sir.
  2. rocky raccoon

Fuel additive mix ratio

My (unpopular) opinion is "Don't ever use an additive". I never have and have owned/driven Diesels for many years. Everything you need is already in the fuel.
  3. rocky raccoon

Fuel Filter Replace - 2.5 TDI

I just changed the fuel filter on my CJAA this morning. Yours is probably similar. Simply remove the cover, pull your filter out and use something to suck the Diesel out of the canister. Inspect and wipe it out with a paper towel and refill with clean Diesel or something else. In my case I...
  4. rocky raccoon

Turbo Lag

What I thought was turbo lag on my 2014 CJAA was resolved when I did the DSG service . If you are past due for that I suggest you do it then see if it "fixes" your turbo lag.
  5. rocky raccoon

Hard first crank daily on 2014 Jetta CJAA (stock)

Long shot here. After driving my CJAA (JSW) for a year or so with no problems, I decided to try to save a little money by buying my Diesel fuel at an off-brand sleazey little station. After the first tank, I too started having "long" crank starts. I went back to my normal fuel source and...
  6. rocky raccoon

Oil Change , level Strange

I use an vacuum extractor on all my cars. Unbelievers; try this simple experiment: Use an oil extractor to suck out your oil. After doing so and before adding oil, crawl under, remove your drain plug and see how much comes out. I think you will be convinced. Of course, getting under once...
  7. rocky raccoon

Oil Change , level Strange

Keep your oil at the level shown on the dipstick. Too much oil can/will foam and interfere with lubrication. Consider using a vacuum oil extractor.
  8. rocky raccoon

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

I am a stone MB Diesel fanboy. Have had a W115 and two W123, all with the OM617. One of the W123 was a 300CD, a rare one. Now have a 2008 E320 Diesel, the last year before DEF. My 300CD with 360k miles sold on CraigsList to a lady who Greyhounded down from NYC to get it and drive it home...
  9. rocky raccoon

Anyone curious to see how well a new beetle holds up to 50mph head on into a concrete barrier? Totalled my car, not at fault.

Sorry about your injury but I'd like to know how hitting a large, non-moving permanent object (concrete barrier) finds you not at fault.
  10. rocky raccoon

Lost oil pressure and engine stopped...

"I have some skills ....." ?
  11. rocky raccoon

Quiet Tires for MK6

Because of my locally lousy road conditions, I went the opposite route. After destroying two tires in chuckholes, I REDUCED my wheel size to 16" in order to gain sidewall height with tires chosen to maintain overall wheel diameter. Over two years now with no problems. Tires are Continental...
  12. rocky raccoon

Need help! Parked on the side of the road

What car? Chevy, Lamboghini, what?
  13. rocky raccoon

Another reminder: Torque those bolts properly, kids!

Back in the day, the Flight Attendant made the assessment for those sitting in that seat if you were man enough to handle that door if it had to be removed. I guess now, you have to be man enough to hold it closed.
  14. rocky raccoon

Floor Mats

Not inexpensive but they sure look good. I just fitted my JSW with custom-fitted CoCo Mats.