Recent content by Rockwell

1. Rockwell

'86 2WD Toyota, 1.6TD to AHU

Good info! Thank you. Don’t plan to use clutch switch. Should the ECU input be left open or 12v?
  2. Rockwell

Plugging away at this again. Getting a code for implosible (sp?) signal for the brakes and a blinking glow plug light. When doing my wiring, I wired a relay to toggle a ground between the 2 brake inputs on the ECU when the brakes are applied. Doing a little research indicates a burnt out brake...
  3. Rockwell

I made them, pretty basic. I figured when I eventually get this running I will make up some hydraulic mounts if the vibes are too much
  4. Rockwell

Mtdi to Etdi?

My build is using an AHU engine with ALH electrics. It’s not running yet but I expect it to run great
  5. Rockwell

best model toyota to swap

Being in New Mexico, I would recommend a 2wd Tacoma/pre Tacoma if you don’t plan to Offroad. I know most would say 4wd, 2wd are kinda ugly, if you are looking for economy and some performance. There is some pretty good weight savings and those 26” vs 32”+ tires save a ton in rotational mass. I’m...
  6. Rockwell

Suzuki Samurai ALH swap

Couldn’t you just ground one of the wires? I’d use the host temp sensor anyways because you know it’s compatible with the indicator
  7. Rockwell

Proper VNT 17 adjustment? (*NOT* a +/- vnt adj qstn)

This procedure also apply to the GTB 1756?
  8. Rockwell

1999 ALH accelerator pedal help

I’m installing an AHU in a Toyota pickup using a ‘99 ALH harness/ECU. The only wiring I have left really is the accelerator pedal. I just realized the pedal I have is a part number for a gas Audi. What is the correct part number pedal I need? Also, the connector was cut off and I found a...
  9. Rockwell

'Key in ignition' buzzer wiring

I got this figured out, I'm definitely adding this distinctive VW chime to my Toyota swap ;)
  10. Rockwell

It’s a decent Carter pump, I just don’t want to relocate the filter to under the bed
  11. Rockwell

Tinkering with this project again. I’m going to use an external lift pump, can I leave the fuel filter under the hood or would it be better to install it between the pump and fuel tank? Should I cool the fuel returning to the tank? There is plenty of room for a cooler.
  12. Rockwell

ALH into 1992 2wd Toyota dually

Looking good! My glacial build started about a month before yours but I haven’t given up either, hoping to get it out of storage and into the garage at the new house. I’m roughly at the same point as yours. In the meantime I finished my harness with only 3-4 wires to hook up into the Toyota...
  13. Rockwell

ALH 1949 willys cj3a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG5-ijFfjm8
  14. Rockwell

Post pics as you go, I need the motivation. I remember a papasmurf from my Samurai days on a couple of Offroad forums.
  15. Rockwell

It’s been at a standstill in my parents garage. Just bought a house and am hoping to get it in my garage to finish it up once it warms up a bit. Congrats on the cheap find, when you getting started?