Recent content by RobertT

1. R

TDI Mechanic in Upstate South Carolina

ADW in Asheville is a great place to go. Always busy.
  2. IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

3. IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

4. IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

5. IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

6. 01E pictures

01E pictures

swap pictures
  7. R

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

could you post a pic of the locations and part numbers of the mounting bolts and where they go. It would be uber conveinent. I have a buggered up install I need to fix. TIA
  8. R

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

I can get you one with a blown automagic easily for 1500 us. they dont rust here is south carolina bc we don't salt the roads.
  9. R

mk6 JSW guy here looking for South Caralina relocation input.

SC is lax on smog...smoke it up. No checks. Not great roads. Lift it dont lower it. Charleston area is the fastest growing on the east coast.
  10. R

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

advice on 02M swaps You can use these o-rings for your clutch slave cylinder, they are the same for the hards lines from ECS tuning or USP motorsports PN: 9464K15 "Round #010 Medium Hard Viton O-Ring, 0.239" I.D., 0.379"O.D" Why would I need extra orings? when you install certain clutches...
  11. R

Good price for a 5 speed swap?

I would recomend spending a little more and getting ryanp's german 6 speed. its a better fit in all gears and runs about 2500 for all the parts you need including clutch, axles, shifter, ect...otherwise, find a donor and start pulling parts. Any shifter from any vw in your year will work. Same...
  12. R

Blend door repair

Heater box repair. I have done three of them so far. It takes me about 2 days, and I replace the heater core and evaporator both. It's about $100 in parts, plus getting the ac charged up. I charge $800, but its not a fun time.
  13. R

Shudder/shake 1900-2500 rpms 2004 Jetta

Great post Thanks for posting this info..it is still relevant. Sometimes we overlook the fact that many people are just getting into TDIs and need a little direction.
  14. R

Simple brake booster removal tool

Hey guys, just cut the old brake booster servo shaft with a dremel, and then pull out the bolt that holds the pedal in, and mess with it outside the car. I worked on making tools and prying for hours before I read that someone had cut it off. Felt a little dumb, and then got the dremel and...
  15. R

World Famous Midlands BioFuels GTG - July 12th, 2014

Thanks Joe, great meet as always! Thanks to Andrew for the Help with my VW Keys and center console , saved a bundle over the stealership and the wife is happy. Can't wait to get a tune on the new old bug...may have one already. certainly smokes enough. Car always runs a little smoother on...