Recent content by robertgalka

1. R

2013 Passat Driver's Side Heat blend door servo replacement

I topped up my R134 and it blows cold out of both sides now.
  2. R

2013 Passat Driver's Side Heat blend door servo replacement

Is it still working after a year? I am having the same problem, and my temps are the same. My actuators seem to be working fine. I'm not getting any error codes with my VCDS either. I did change my heater core about 18 months ago, but I had AC after that.
  3. R

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Mine came in last Friday. It was mailed from Toronto but you would think it would make it to BC by now.
  4. R

Adblue Light Came On, Tank Is 3/4 Full

I started it up today and drove to work. The light went out after a few miles. When it came on it did say 1000 km to empty or something like that. I’ll check for codes later this week. If there is a problem with the DEF heater, I hope my warranty covers it.
  5. R

I wonder if it would throw a code if the DEF heater element quit? I'll leave it inside for a few days and see what happens. I wasn't doing any short trips, I think I had it running for about four hours on Saturday. It has been so cold lately that maybe the heating element couldn't keep up?
  6. R

The 1000 km warning light came on yesterday, but when I tried to add fluid it didn't take that much. It's been extremely cold here lately, almost -40, I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I brought the car inside my heated shop last night and I'll leave it there to thaw for a couple of days.
  7. R

rim fitment question

I‘m pretty sure he means a smaller diameter rim and a tire with more sidewall to give you a better ride. I ended up ditching my 235/45-18 stock tires and am using 215/65-16. It is a slightly taller tire with more sidewall. It doesn’t look as good, but the car rides better. The speedometer is a...
  8. R

rim fitment question

Some Audi rims have a larger center bore and you need a spacer. The size difference isn’t drastic, but I have never tried that size personally. I am running Tiguan tires and rims which are a little bit taller and they stick out more. No problems so far.
  9. R

2015 Passat Heater Core

I thought the 2014 models were covered by the extended warranty? I went to the dealer and they said my 2015 wasn't covered. I ended up changing it myself. It's easy as far as changing a heater core goes, at least compared to most vehicles. The Germans always have really strange ways of doing...
  10. R

2015 Passat Heater Core

Did you ever replace your heater core? My 2015 is blowing colder air on the RH side. The LH side is about 23 degrees celsius warmer. I don't think the warranty covers the 2015 models.
  11. R

I had a 2015 Passat done last week.
  12. R

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

I had mine done last week, picked it up on Monday. Now my steering wheel is off center and the car pulls to the right. The engine light came on ofter 50 km also. It hasn't done a regen yet, probably put on 300 km so far. The car seems normal, exhaust temp may be a little lower, but nothing else...
  13. R

2015 NMS B7 Passat Brake Pad doesn't fit

I ordered a a pair today from NAPA. They wanted to know if the car was made before or after June 1 2014, so I'm thinking that's when they changed. My car was made in 11/14, so hopefully they ordered the correct pads. I'm surprised my rear pads wore out after 60,000 miles, mostly highway.
  14. R

I was supposed to get mine done this week, but the dealer called and cancelled because of parts problems.
  15. R

They said they are giving me one.