Recent content by Robert B

1. R

For Sale/FS Ross Tech VCDS Micro CAN $100

OK, I've got the paypal link ready. Need your shipping address to set postage....
  2. R

Hey Stykeviper: Sorry about the delay. I've had email problems... I still have the MiniCAM, do you still want it?
  3. R

For sale Genuine Ross Tech VCDS Micro CAN rev.A Excellent Condition, Original Box Price: $100 plus shipping of your choice. Location: Atlanta, GA, USA Below is some of the description from the Ross tech website: This interface comes with an OBD-II type connector which plugs directly...
  4. Micro_CAN

Micro_CAN

5. R

Turbo Blew

Sorry to hear this whole sad story, but my first reaction to your first post was, Never trust any car repair, or even tire replacement, to Firestone! Especially a TDI. I've heard far too many tales of shoddy work and unnecessary "repairs" done by that franchise. I know this is an old post...
  6. R

DPF replacement interval?

Dpf ??? 2009 JSW MKV I have scanned this whole post for an answer to my question, and checked the service manual, but no luck: HOW do you "check the diesel particulate filter"? It looks pretty closed up to me, nothing to see. So, it must be something in VCDS???
  7. R

DPF replacement interval?

2009 JSW MKV I have scanned this whole post for an answer to my question, and checked the service manual, but no luck: HOW do you "check the diesel particulate filter"? It looks pretty closed up to me, nothing to see. So, it must be something in VCDS???
  8. R

Delayed Air Conditioning

Right! I see, now that I know what RCV stands for, that I will not be DIYing this one. Thanks.
  9. R

Delayed Air Conditioning

Thanks for that advice. You're probably right about blindly adding Freon. I just need to find out about the "RCV".
  10. R

Delayed Air Conditioning

...Sorry. I now see your later posts. (Newbie). Just one question: or, OK two questions: 1. What is an "rcv"? Sounds like a clutch if it clicks, right? And 2. why do you need to have a shop install it? I've already done my 120K timing belt (DIY) so I'm good with mechanics, I just don't...
  11. R

Delayed Air Conditioning

Any Solution to AC problem? I have a similar problem of intermittent cooling. Very erratic, not very predictable. Just quits cooling every now and then with not apparent correlation to speed or rpm. VW dealer drained/refilled last year, and I'm thinking I'll just shoot some Freon into it...
  12. R

Changing from un-switched to switched 12v source.

Unswitched Cig. Lighter ...? I would like to change my Cigarette Lighter to always powered, or unswitched. Alternately, I might hot wire a three outlet (cig. type) power port to an unswitched power source - just for use with low draw appliances, like charging my cell phone or my GPS. Can...
  13. R

Convex mirror for Sportwagen

Thanks! Now I really just need the driver's side. Can that be found without buying the passenger's?
  14. R

Convex mirror for Sportwagen

Great! Just the info I was looking for! I brand new to this site and have yet to fill in my bio, but thanks for the help so far. Can someone send a link or description of HOW the mirror lenses are R&R'd?
  15. Robert B

Robert B