Recent content by ro.sniper

1. ro.sniper

Disabling DRLs

Getting an euro switch, and editing the bit out with VCDS will get them disabled. I did it a while back and it took longer to boot the computer than disable. You can disable the seat-belt chime while you are at it (yes I wear my seat-belt).
  2. ro.sniper

Ontario Goverment's Plan for TDIs

I follow the fastest cars but usually leave enough space so the speedy driver doesn't want to let me go ahead. I find the the speedy ones are more courteous and will think you want to go even faster so will move over... (at least I do). If I do 140 and someone wants to go faster why not... who...
  3. ro.sniper

Fun little quirk?

As mentioned it goes to recirculate function when reversing. Another fun fact is that when you spray your windshield it does the same thing. Bot to prevent the smell from entering the cabin. Cheers, RS
  4. ro.sniper

Drained 3L of oil,4L Capacity

1l every 16,000 km is quite fine
  5. ro.sniper

tire recommendations for MkIV TDI Sport

Just one word on Falken tire. I had the Falken FK-452 225/40ZR18 XL (92Y) and they were the most oval un-balance-able tires I have ever had. They had been hunter balanced and still were bad. I might have just had really really bad luck.
  6. ro.sniper

Help with varying oil consumption

My uses more oil during the winter, and less during the summer. I'm not sure if you are experiencing the same thing.
  7. ro.sniper

tire recommendations for MkIV TDI Sport

Continental Extreme Contact DW or DWS had both and was very happy. I have the DW now and they really are grippy.
  8. ro.sniper

440hp Diesel Tri turbo

Haha, true and he can be quite ignorant sometimes, but for entertainment purposes he makes TG quite fun to watch.
  9. ro.sniper

440hp Diesel Tri turbo

I just want Clarkson back... and the car is pretty awesome too.
  10. ro.sniper

Mileage in this cold weather

2006 Jetta here --- City driving is pretty bad on fuel economy (wide range between 6.5 and 8.2 depending on distance and temperature) with the car struggling to keep temps up. Highway speeds no issues keeping it between 5.5 - 5.8.
  11. ro.sniper

2006 Jetta - 5spd manual issue with 3rd gear when cold

My 3rd is rough, but not as bad as yours sound, its basically the gear with most resistance to put it in.
  12. ro.sniper

How much trouble did you have starting this morning (-16C)

Starts like any other day, just a lot more rattly the colder it gets. Only one glow plug cycle.
  13. ro.sniper

Bigger turbo, dyno results 06 Jetta TDI

Those are great numbers! at 180 WHP that's over 200 crank.
  14. ro.sniper

Bigger turbo, dyno results 06 Jetta TDI

The stock injectors flow very little. BEW injectors with nozzles or the PD150 injectors would be a good choice for the BRM engine.
  15. ro.sniper

warm up after starting

I can attest for sure that driving is the quickest way to warm up. I also have the high idle tune from Malone, but I don't idle the car, I just drive it. Take it easy when its bloody cold also. I only go up to a max of 2300 RPM when cold.