Recent content by rmidgett

1. rmidgett

Injection pump loosing prime, thermostatic tee?

I eliminated that bothersome T by using the fuel filter for a 1998 Beetle TDi: part # NAPA FIL 3897 or 12754004, or Wix 33897 Does the thermostatic tee act as a one way valve to prevent fuel from completely draining the lines to the pump or is there another one near the fuel tank?
  2. rmidgett

I will paypal $100 to the first person who can tell me how to fix my car.

How should the engine be rotated over slowly to allow the intake valves to be closed on each cylinder one by one for this process? Perhaps a long breaker bar with a socket on the bolt of the crankshaft pully?
  3. rmidgett

Mk4 Jetta Glass Lenses NIB

I'll take them. PayPal at the ready.
  4. rmidgett

WTB: A/C Compressor Connector w/wires

I need the female connector with leads that connect to the A/C compressor for my 2001 Jetta TDi. Leads can be cut 6" or so from connector. This is the female connector on the wiring harness side that goes up into the engine wiring harness toward the battery location.
  5. rmidgett

Leaving the Scene **SALE**

I need the female connector with leads that connect to the A/C compressor for my 2001 Jetta TDi. Leads can be cut 6" or so from connector. I'd like to see the column mounting boost gauge; might want that, too. Imgur link shows no photos...not sure what's up with that.
  6. rmidgett

200,000 mile club... roll call!

207K+, 2001 Jetta TDi; MY LAST VOLKSWAGON...never again!
  7. rmidgett

Good bearing puller for rear wheel bearings?

I'm finding widely varying prices on rear bearing/hub assemblies..what's up with that? The low end is ~$70-$80/ assembly, the upper end ~$250, all with the same part number 1J0598477 from FAG. Are the lesser expensive ones Asian knock offs? 207k on the stock hubs/bearings.
  8. rmidgett

DIY: How to fix air blend door MK4 TDI no cabin heat problem

Blend Air Door Bushing I recently went through the pain of repairing my blend air door using aluminum HVAC tape & replacing the bushing that rotates the blend air door in my 2001 Jetta TDi (the LAST VW I'll ever own). The original bushing that is rotated by the temperature control push arm...
  9. rmidgett

How to trouble shoot flakey cruise control

I'd been without CC for a couple of years. By reading through this thread, I was able to troubleshoot the problem to the switch on the clutch pedal. My switch failed such that to the ECM it seemed the clutch pedal was always pressed down. The switch was open when it should have been closed by...
  10. rmidgett

'03 - Getting old and losing power

MKIV TDI with less than 200,000 miles Less than 198k miles, black 2001 Jetta, manual, fresh clutch, new-ish starter, fresh timing belt/water pump, new battery, good but noisy Goodyear tires, new fuel filter, new silicon vacuum lines, replaced fuel return lines, cleaned & sealed wiring entry...
  11. rmidgett

Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI?

Because I'm too far into it financially to get rid of it. This is my LAST VW ever..period. Things on this car break & fail far too soon. Water leaks in the cabin & trunk, door panels break, foam blown out of air vents, hot air out of the vents regardless of temp setting on the dial, headliner...
  12. rmidgett

Ross-Tech KII-USB for Sale

I'm interested. Left voicemail.
  13. IMG_20180104_165656562_HDR

IMG_20180104_165656562_HDR

4' LED worklight from 1000bulbs.com
  14. IMG_20180104_165609388

IMG_20180104_165609388

4' LED worklight from 1000bulbs.com