Recent content by rme

1. rme

Volkswagen says US pickup is back on the table

You and I are in the same camp. I'm guessing Nissan will beat toyota to the market place and toyota will be about 2 years behind.
  2. rme

200,000 mile club... roll call!

I replaced my turbo on my BEW 2004 jetta diesel at 80,000 miles. I guess it was assembled on monday. Anyway I now have 210,000 on it's replacement and it is a factory turbo with no issues so far.
  3. rme

Turbo blew at 84,000 miles

Do this^! My turbo went at 80,000+ as well and regretfully I didn't have the time (I was on the road) to find and get a Garrett to install so I had to go back with a stock turbo from a dealer. Price was a thousand (in Dec 2008)
  4. rme

What Diesel Additive you use and recommend?

Stanadyne power is what I use. I'm told Stanadyne is the only fuel injector company that makes an additive. Could be wrong though...feel free to correct me.
  5. rme

Volkswagen of America in charge of 'own destiny'

If VW America is in charge of it's own destiny then bring the diesel Amarok....
  6. rme

I think it was....but isn't the diesel GM products built in Thailand...hence why wouldn't it be a GM developed engine produced in Thailand? I dunno just asking....:eek:
  7. rme

Speedometer related problem - Please help.

Or the state police in KS:D
  8. rme

Finally, a 1/2 ton diesel pickup worth buying?

Not sure how old the last post was but Nissan Titan is coming out with a V8 diesel next year and the diesel in the Dodge will be a 6 cyl. Both will be Cummins diesel. Not sure but DOE may be paying some cost for the diesel to keep prices down.
  9. rme

Mounts: OEM vs 034 vs BFI

Does anyone know what the flat rate for labor is on installing motor mounts? Side and rear is what I'm interested in.
  10. rme

Your dream diesel

Not sure but think you can still order the 335/0 bmw but you must ask for it. It's not listed on the bmw page. Five series will still be around 2014 - 2016.
  11. rme

Your dream diesel

I'd go for that....since the Amarok is not coming to the U.S..
  12. rme

Who is the Largest Volume VW Dealer?

Maybe the smart dealer guy on here can answer (Chris) can correct me but I think VW owns most of it's dealerships so service should not be a problem anywhere if you need warranty work. If it is then someone has a legal recourse against the offending dealer.
  13. rme

Time for general maintenance. Help appreciated

It's that time of year and alot of gas stations are trying to run out their summer diesel. Have you tried adding stanadyne to your fuel tank. See www.stanadyne.com for the type of additive you might need to clean and lubricate your injectors. And of course get the service for you diesel completed.
  14. rme

weird hesitation 04 bew

First guess would be fuel as it seems you are a bit further north and the temps are dropping. Are you treating your fuel?
  15. rme

What's sad is..."Ranger has a diesel in it overseas just not here in America!" Not a bad looking little truck either.