Recent content by rmcc123

1. R

Clutch upgrade

Upgrading my clutch for a stage 3 Xman 52mm turbo, with an aim of 200HP. My question is which dark side clutch to use. I am upgrading from a Canadian cr140 cjaa. My options are the SRE performance Sachs clutch which may be overkill for my needs, or the standard Sachs CR170 clutch, which to my...
  2. R

Compression Test Kit Alternatives

Thanks, I actually found a youtube video of that kit being used. To clarify, do you figure it will fit the VW adapter, or that it is possible to use this kit for a CJAA compression test?
  3. R

Compression Test Kit Alternatives

I'm looking to do a compression test on my CJAA. I am trying to avoid having to buy VW factory tools, but from my decently thorough search, I can't find an adapter for the glow plug hole that works (without a significant amount of pfaff). I am crossing my fingers that someone may have already...
  4. R

Taking guesses or suggestions.

Investigated today. Make sure you exhaust bolts are tight people! Was simply not tight at the downpipes/midpipe junction. All the nuts had fallen off, luckily the bolts were holding still... Did notice a nice amount of oil at the bottom of the intercooler pipe - right before it gets to the...
  5. R

Taking guesses or suggestions.

I am going to be investigating this tomorrow. Relevant information - 2011 MK6 Golf/Jetta sportwagen. Last oil change 4000km. Emissions deleted. Stage 2 malone tune. Issue becoming worse in cold (-22C today) started first time no problem with no block heater (cycled glow plugs 2-3x). Smoke first...
  6. R

WTB: Flashzilla

Looking for a flashzilla v3. If it just happens to have a stage 2 for a CJAA loaded onto it I would be potentially be interested. Looking to pay around $150 all up, located in Alberta, Canada.