Recent content by rjsummer

1. R

Rear Brake Question! 2001 Golf

Mike, if its not returning to the stop, I would try the special tool and reset the caliper. Sometimes this can help. It's not likely that your procrastination has caused this. More like the previous owner let it go for a very long time. It may also be that someone tried to do the rear brakes...
  2. R

MKIV Radio Electrical help

The Bentley manual clearly shows the red and white wire connected directly to the fuse 42 on a 2000 Jetta tdi 5 spd. has the wiring been messed with or is it factory original?
  3. R

Rear Brake Question! 2001 Golf

It's a bit of a complicated mechanism inside that has incorporated, the parking brake self adjust mechanism. (That's why you need that special tool that turns the piston as it pushes it back in or it damages the mechanism) anyway, to see what the problem is for sure, remove the cable from the...
  4. R

97 passat tdi still wont start

Glow plugs?? Not sure where you are located. Is your MIL on? Are the fuel lines to the inj pump clear like on the MK4 Jettas? If so, are the lines full before trying to start?
  5. R

injection pump question

Strange. With a tdi, it should be louder when cold. Do you have VCDS? Can your check the timing yourself and post a pic of the timing? I used diesel purge once and shortly after had an injection pump run away. Maybe a coincidence but I don't think Ill use it again. The code may indicate a pump...
  6. R

Just for fun, too, what fuse amperage is fuse 42? Should be 25 amps.
  7. R

Red/White wires are powered by fuse 42, 3rd row from the bottom, third fuse (to the right). Check the fuse again, remove the fuse, check for continuity with your meter, if its good check the fuse socket for 42 with your meter and see if you have 12v on one side of the socket.....
  8. R

Testing radiator fans

I only have an 06 Jetta 2.5 DSG, and I haven't done a lot to it, but like I said I have the Bentley manual so if you need any pages sent in an email just ask and Ill use my iphone to send em. Any idea how to get forum messages or responses to alert me by email? I cant figure it out.
  9. R

Relay Roller/Idler Pulley Bracket Broken

Oh, that bracket. Sorry, thought you were talking about the bracket the idler/tensioner is attached to. The big monste bracket.... Id just go to a wrecker and get a used one. You didn't list your year and model of car that I saw. There is a tdi in the wreckers up here with that bracket in it, if...
  10. R

1991 golf diesel exhaust question

Ya, there's not a perfect dealer for sure and I do most of my own work so its done right. However, things like alignment and AC leak testing etc, I need Crosby. I know the staff by name, I tell them exactly what I want done. They are told to do nothing more than I instruct. I check their work...
  11. R

VV Diesel Glow Plug Harness Quick Disconnect Connector?

First pic, back of connector soldered to to car's glow plug wires that were cut just short of the old bus. Second pic, harness unplugged. Third pic, connector plugged in.
  12. R

Sorry for the delay, couldn't remember for the life of me what forum I posted this topic response on. 2 pin Glow plug bus connectors. Female end 1J0 973 852. Male end 1J0 973 752. Order from the VW dealer.
  13. R

1991 golf diesel exhaust question

The stock exhaust has no resonator, just a down pipe from the exhaust manifold to the rear muffler. I don't haven one to measure but the clamp mating the pipe to the rear muffler is 45.5mm. Question 2, dunno. Question 3, they were pretty quiet for exhaust noise when stock with no res. Question...
  14. R

02 Jetta drooping driver door

Door hinges are very hard to line up again after removing. First check to see if its the top hinge or bottom. Close the door so its only open about 10 inches. Then lift up and down. Look to see if the movement is on the top or bottom hinge. You may need a light and a helper to lie across the...
  15. R

If you can hang on till tomorrow, I did that exact thing, installed a quick connect deal with original VW connectors. Ive since sold the car to my daughter and will get the part numbers off the connectors when she comes over tonight, post em tomorrow. incidentally, that was over 5 years ago and...