Recent content by rjkvdub

1. R

02 beetle with no power

My TDI had no power either. Took it to the 'stealer' who changed MAF sensor. Better but 'check eng. lt." came on. Took it back and they determined that the turbo was bad. I took off turbo and manifold, throughly cleaned and reassembled. Better but still bad. Then I bought a new turbo +...
  2. R

Low Power: New MAF installed, IQ not right?

I had a stealer replace my MAF and the car was still lacking sufficient power. Took it right back and they found that the turbo was bad... wanted to replace it to the tune of about $1499 or so. Went on line and bought a new one for about $600 or so and replaced it myself. That did the trick...
  3. R

bumper sticker favorites

Thank a veteran for your right to lean left! All others pray for the troops. Most didn't ask to be there and none flew aircraft into the twin towers. rjkvdub
  4. R

Oil Filter Housing and magnets?

Magnets are cool. Do copper bracelets work too??? rjkvdub
  5. R

Should I be scared to clean my manifold?

I wasn't scared but you should probably be if you are wearing white ! rjkvdub (a "newbie" too !)
  6. R

bumper sticker favorites

My all time favorite is: "HELP, THE PARANOIDS ARE AFTER ME!!!" rjkvdub aka Bob
  7. R

ventectomy question.

As a 'newbie', what does a 'ventectomy' accomplish? Also what is achieved by bypassing the MA/FS ? How is the MA/FS mod done? rjkvdub
  8. R

Joint effort by Daimler-Chrysler and VW?

Diesel Daimler/Chrysler products Last year at this time I was visiting a friend in Spain on Spain's eastern coast. While she and I were walking toward the beach, I spotted a Caravan Chrysler (just like the ones sold here) and it had a TurboDiesel logo on the rear. Anyone have an idea as to...
  9. R

A/C compressor clutch check

No operating compressor. I jumper to 12 volt across coil and clutch does not pick up. Also reading a/c clutch coil as open. Bad clutch??? Or is my problem in the cooling control module or possibly both??? I know that the compressor operates on variable demand but all things being correct...